Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed springs a few days ago and the front driver side spring is making knocking noise when i turn
any suggestions on fix???

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would just redo install, you probably just didn't "house" it right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
to tell you the truth, my friend has the same problem with his civic, if you can't find anything wrong yourself, bring it to a shop, see if they can find something you can't or even a friend, if it's knocking, it could be installed wrong, different size then the rest... i really couldnt tell you much more with out looking at it myself.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he thinks it might be that i need new struts could that be it???
because i just got the springs...

·
Registered
23,017 Posts
do you have a regular 3 or MS3? my H&R springs made a noise for months, it made the knock noise and also sometimes a metal on metal noise, like it wasn't seated right then one day it just went away.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Loose bolt possibly? I've got H&Rs with no odd noises but had them done while getting some other work done at a tire shop so not too sure the layout behind the wheels. Did you have the alignment done after installing them? I'd say make sure everything's tight first. Is the height even in the front and back?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I'd check the strut tower bolt. They can be tricky to torque down. When they're just a little loose, they can and will make noise.

·
Registered
435 Posts
[quote author=90miata link=topic=136168.msg2933485#msg2933485 date=1234497708]
Installed springs a few days ago and the front driver side spring is making knocking noise when i turn
any suggestions on fix???
[/quote]

how did the spring isolators look when you removed the stock springs? these are the rubber pieces on the top and bottom of the springs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
umm my friend did it and he knows what hes doing and its only one that makes the noise
but he said eveything is on right and it still makes it....
so i dont know

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
would it be bad to put a tube around the top of the spring to see if that takes the noise away? haha

·
Registered
435 Posts
[quote author=90miata link=topic=136168.msg2948065#msg2948065 date=1235077070]
would it be bad to put a tube around the top of the spring to see if that takes the noise away? haha
[/quote]

i have done a lot of suspension work on older cars and the spring isolators were always worn out. i pretty much exclusively used heater hose to replace the isolators.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts