1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
So you just remove the original springs and put these on? Is that all it takes? or do you need to change the shock which is why you said:

"Now if only there was a shock/strut out already..."

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no need to change the shocks with a "Sport" spring. It lowers the car no more than 1.5" which is ok.

One BIG reason why I would want a strut/shock with the spring is: Installation! You gotta remove the whole assembly to get the spring off. At that point, why not have the shock as well?

And, aftermarket shocks last longer. They also tighten up the handling too.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M3-GT said:
Awwww thanks! :nsmile:

Man this is going to be a costly hobby lol.....
4 cars.. and 8 credit cards later. Yeah its fun.... but its VERY expensive.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Yeah I'm still paying for a engine swap and a Zex Nitrous Kit I bought a few years back on my old 93 honda civic coupe. Just one credit card left. Thank God, almost free.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to clear all of mine before I could even buy my next car.

Ack, this time around, we are gonna save money instead of running the ol' plastic.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
You can fit under semi-trucks better - Advantage

You can fit under semi-trucks better - Disadvantage

Hasta :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you lower your car you may run into a problem with tire wear. Lowering the height of your ride will sometimes DRASTICALLY create negative camber on your wheels and you will wear the inside of your tires down to 0 tread left in about 4k-5k miles. I was going through 2 sets of tires in a year on my lowered 98 civic. Although... a 1.5" drop is less than a 3" drop. It could still create a SMALL problem, though.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
Would probably need to buy a camber kit if you are really worried, negative camber is not really a problem if it is only a few degrees, but like zerocool said your tires will wear differently.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you lower your car a lot, even a camber kit won't fix it 100%... and a camber kit is the best option available to correct the negative camber. So basically you'll have to live with a SLIGHTLY off tire wear, if you lower AND use a camber kit (a must, in my opinion).

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
budgy said:
Would probably need to buy a camber kit if you are really worried, negative camber is not really a problem if it is only a few degrees, but like zerocool said your tires will wear differently.
I dunno about a few degrees.... the damn most is 1.5 degrees negative anymore and you'll cause ultra fast inner wear.

·
Registered
46 Posts
spoke to hr yesterday...the springs are in development...do out sometime this year...not even close to being finished ..regardless what the rack says...and i would only lower it using a camber correction kit..it will probably 6 months or longer before it is out ...by lowering the car you get rid of the excessive fender gap and the car has a lower center of gravity..a must when you go to larger wheels and tires..otherwise the car has a lifted.... look uncool...and you have the whole supension apart you might as well add new shocks since the old one are already out and factory shocks as a rule suck

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have the pictures ...how do i post them ???
smitty

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
Code:
[img] place picture URL here!!!!!!1111[/img]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.