Mazda3 Forums banner

gtibri's Titanium s Sedan

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  doublevizz 
#1 ·
Just got my titanium sedan s today. It has every option. Really glad I got the nav. It may be used infrequently, but man, it looks so good. My only gripe is the horn sound, really high pitched. Everything else is perfect. Love the huge trunk. $23,075 sticker (USA), got it for $22,033.

Got a quick question. I purchased the exterior/interior protection thing. Paint on all cars are soft nowadays and they add this chemical that protects the paint from deterioration. Also, they add chemicals to the leather and carpets inside that prevent deterioration and staining. So I asked the dealer, "if the leather begins to crack from age, they'll replace the leather?" and he said yeah. So, gauranteed for life and they recoat everything every five years. normally $595, but I paid $395 since I paid cash. What do you guys think? Ripoff or what? Does it really work? I haven't gotten it applied yet so I want to know if anyone knows if it's worth it or not. I used to have a maxima and everything inside really deteriorated over the years, so I thought this would be a good thing.

EDIT: The usual stuff for this section :twisted:

#2 ·
Welcome! Glad to hear about your purchase. But to comment on your question, you got ripped. Paint nowadays is way better than in years past and can withstand alot of abuse/elements. All you need is a couple wax jobs a year and wash it regularly. Same goes with the interior; just show it some TLC and it will be fine. Back to the paint, a buddy of mine who is a service manager at a local dealership says they add "paint sealant" to all cars as a dealer installed option, for $250. Now, all this is is a coat of wax, which may or may not even be applied, but you get charged anyway.
Congrats again!

#3 ·
but hey, even if it's just a coat of wax, my paint is gauranteed for the rest of it's life, so if bird droppings eat my paint or there's rust, they have to fix it. if my interior fades, gets stained, or my leather cracks, they have to fix it. so whether they put something on it or not, isn't the gaurantee itself worth it?

#5 ·
USCMazda3 said:
gtibri said:
what about the whole thing with the leather? you think it's worth it if they gaurantee that it won't crack for the rest of it's life??
The fact is that leather WILL crack. I hope the dealer doesn't try to screw you on the deal, because they will indeed have to replace the leather after only a few years.
The fact is, leather will crack if it is neglected, not just because it's leather. Clean it and condition it regularly and it will last years.

#6 ·
I bought that "Auto Armor" treatment and then you're given a box of some soap and other stuuf and the brand name is something like "Auto Financial services" <-----------WHAT does THAT have to do with cleaning or paint protection? It is just a way for the dealer to make more money. I realize NOW I was ripped off...oh well. I still love the car.

#7 ·
They tried to add $1250.00 to the sticker price on my car for that same "paint protection package". I asked what it was and who applied it. They gave me the same pitch and said their detail shop applied it. The problem was that the car still had glue lines on it from the protective shipping film so how in the hell could thay have applied anything without first cleaning it. They agreed and waived it without any further discussion.

The dealership where I bought mine doesn't actually do anything to your car except peel the film and give it a quick rinse. I know because I watched them inload some cars while I was waiting on mine to get serviced. They didn't go anywhere near the shop...straight to the sales lot. I have a feeling this is probably typical of all dealerships.

They should be honest and call it what it really is...a "market adjustment".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.