Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been doing a lot of research and decided that this would be my car if only the actual driving experience was close to what is talked about in various publications. Man was I surprised when I took the car out for a test drive. Excellent handling, and the power although not extraordinary, is enough to have a lot of fun with. I also own a Mazda6 S, (V-6, 5-speed) and the 3 is by far a lot more fun to drive. It doesn't have the creature comforts that the 6 has but that is more than made up for with the "fun" factor.

When I got back from the test drive, I met with the sales manager and he offered me the car for less than invoice. Going in I was hoping to be able to get the car for 300-400 over invoice for the base 5-door S. On top of the price he gave me, I got another $500 off for owner loyalty. It sure helps shopping at the end of the month AND the end of the year. I was surprised that they were willing to let it go so low since they only had one other 3S on the lot (Silver). My choices going in were the Titanium and the Silver, tough choice but the Titanium won out in the end.

Fantastic car!!

EDIT: Heading for uniformity :twisted:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Congrats on the new car!

Soon the aftermarket world will catch up and give the 3 the little boost needed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bought a Mazda3 S 5-door, Titanium Gray

First off, congratulations! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them. What options did you get on your MZ3? How much did you end up paying? Which dealer did you end up getting your car from? I am going to buy mine at the end of January, just wondering where I might be able to get good deal or a quote that can make the other dealers in the area take notice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No options, I'll be adding a 6-disc changer in a couple of weeks. I paid $16,200 for the car less $500 - $15,700 plus $129 documentation fee: total cost of $15,829. They had one other HB on the lot after mine and it sold yesterday. I think they still have a couple of the base models (Mazda3 i). Not sure when the next shipment is due or what it contains. I was able to get just what I wanted, (color and options) and am very pleased.

Grappone Mazda in Concord, NH

As I stated previously, I imagine they were trying their best to unload as much as possible due to end of year dealer incentives. I am also a long time customer. Although this is my first car purchase from them, I have been utilitizing their service department for VW and Mazda for quite a few years.

I seriously doubt that you will get them to commit to any deal in writing unless they think you are really serious. Even then, they're not going to give you anything written that you'll be able to take somewhere else. Best of luck to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts