Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Hi All... Just looking for some opinions... I'll be heading out to purchase either a Red or Black GT Sedan with GFX and was wondering what everyone thought of the spoilers... I've seen sedans with both the lip and raised spoiler but I'm having trouble choosing... Anyone think they look cheesy?... (I won't be doing any mods at all BTW, so please base your thoughts on a stock 3)

Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
i wouldn't get the raised spoiler. the nice lip over the trunk is less noticeable and it makes the car look like a typical japanese car such as the lancer. the low lip doesn't look that bad, but from the pictures i've seen, it doesn't look like it completely goes across the trunk door. there seems to be a one inch gap on both sides. i'd still pick it over the raised spoiler though.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
before I see a 3 with a spoiler, I thought it doesn't need one too, but after seeing pics of it with raised spoiler, I think it looks better with one :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FR3D said:
before I see a 3 with a spoiler, I thought it doesn't need one too, but after seeing pics of it with raised spoiler, I think it looks better with one :)
:? yeh... I saw a sunlight silver GS with a raised spoiler and it looked great... I was just worried that combined with the 17" tires and GFX cladding it would look a little overdone, especially in red... I would love to see a picture of a velocity Red GT/GFX with the lip spoiler if there is one out there?????

·
Registered
51 Posts
go with no spoiler. The raised spoiler makes the car look cheap, and the lip spoiler is redundant (especially for the price) since the 3 already has a bit of a lip without the addition of a lip spoiler.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am going to be getting the rear wing spoiler..i am kinda partial to cars with spoilers.

·
Registered
396 Posts
it's all personal preference.
you can argue both sides (spoiler vs. non) to death.

just look at the pics, and decide if you like it enough to buy it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts