Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RX-7 and I are interested in getting our rims powdercoated.

Him in white, me in "hyperblack".

I'm just gauging the interest in forming a groupbuy for this. I will be phoning Panther's in Surrey (I think that's where they are), and Green's in Richmond for quotes.

Let me know if you guys are interested at all.

·
Banned
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE:

A friend of mine called Panther's in Surrey, and the advice Panther's gave was that "powdercoating is not recommended because it weakens the wheel".

Therefore, I'm going to find out about painting them instead.

The quote my friend got was around $125 per rim for painting (he has a Volvo)....hence, I think if we can get a few more people, it will be cheaper.

·
Banned
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll start a list:

1) Levitron (4 wheels paint hyperblack)
2) Levitron's friend (4 wheels paint anthracite)
3) RX 7 (4 wheels paint white)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8 )
9)
10)

·
Registered
285 Posts
r u guys gonna lower ur car???

my frd said it's quite low already for a stock...
well...still thinking~

anyway.....i want in for the rim painting!!
but have to see how it looks tho~
thx guys!

·
Registered
155 Posts
and i'm probably gonna lower mine with the Eibach Pro-Kit, the drop is perfect in my view, not too low but noticible ...!

i kinda wanna wait and see what Tien is gonna do, Tein S.Tech is definately a set of good springs

·
Registered
22 Posts
power coat will not weaken the rims

panther and green don't do powercoat.......they just paint that's why they say don't power coat.

mind you it's $125/rim PLUS mount and unmount the tires......

also unless you have another set of rims to use, check out the down time and find yourself 4 jackstands before doing it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.