Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the throttle body, is there anywhere else that would give better performance by grounding, i heard if i ground my HIDS they'll be slightly brighter, also, i just got a grounding kit with 9 points, so0o the more the merrier =)

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
commonly suggested points include:
fuel rail
pass side strut tower (there's a threaded tab)
alternator
block

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
ditto

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
lol, it's a diagram of the points we just suggested. multiple fuel rail points...EXCEPT, he has all the grpound points running along the same length of wire, which is not as efficient as multiple wires to areas of demand.

you'll notice the stock body ground near the battery, which supplies the entire body with a ground path.

it only makes sense to ground the body on the other side, giving 2 choices. voltage will always find the path of least resistance.

it been proven that ETBs benefit from direct grounding.

fuel rail logically gives the spark a close source to ground, even though the engine block should already have adequate ground (the other big fat wire off the battery).

alternator...can only help and is commonly done.

the more direct each locations' path to ground is, the better it should work. of course, there's such a thing as overkill and I would use 3-4 for the engine at most. jmo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts