Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the GROMaudio iPod Integration V2 kit the other day...I installed it and everything works good (am using it with my iphone 1st gen and the time is not working on the screen in the car) anyways a day later not even the thing wouldnt work i had to disconnect it from the back and plug it back up for it to work again...samthing happend after 2 hours..
I HAD THE THING FOR 4 DAYS NOW AND HAVE HAD TO PLUG IT AND UNPLUG IT LIKE 4 TIMES already WTF is going on

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Hmm, that's odd. I've installed 7 - 8 of their kits in friends cars with no problems and don't recall anyone here reporting that type of issue. Have you contacted GROMaudio? From my experience, they have provided great customer service.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just went to their site and left them a message its so weird its pissing me off

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Yeah, I'm sorry you're having a problem. I feel bad because I sort of talked you into buying the GROM.

Please keep me posted.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its all good i love it when i use it for the 5 mins i like use it shut off the car and turn it on it wont work... now its working again BUT STILL THE TIME IS NOT WORKING IT STAYS 0.00 but i can use the controls blah blah

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
When you say "the time" is not working I'm assuming you're talking about the track time display and not the clock, right? If it's screwing with the clock then there's something weird going on.

+1 to waiting to hear back from Grom. They've been fantastic with customer support from what I've seen so I'm sure you'll be taken care of.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They said they have heard about this problem and its common with mazdas. They said that they r working on fixing that in the next 2-3 weeks they said they will refund me 20$ and send me a new one...

and yes i am talking about the track time it just stays 0.00 doesnt even move 1 second...

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
The track time is hit and miss on mine. It's really not biggie for me as I see what playlist I'm on and since I play on shuffle, I don't look to see what track is playing.

However, it should play and resume play every time start the car.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now for the past 2 days its been working fine hopefully it will stay like that

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so Grom Audio sent me a Chip yesterday to replace in that box... I did and it worked...But after 2 hours i was going out i went in my car started it up and nothing like the old one. So i did it again i unplugged it and plugged it back up and it worked, then on my way back home i started the car again and AGAIN SAME THING AGAIN it got disconnected i dont know whats the problem is but i thought the thing they sent me should fix it and it didnt its actually worse than the other one...I had it for 5 hrs and had disconnected it twice and used it for only 20 mins

1 - 10 of 10 Posts