Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try one of these on a 2014 Mazda3? Was curious what type of polish goes best with our paint jobs. I have a deep blue mica, and bought some Meguiar's Ultimate Polish but i'm curious if theirs something a little more gentle out there?

Also, anyone ever try a 3" DA polisher on these curvy lights we have? I have a few small imperfections on my headlights i'd like to buff out, was thinking a 6" is overkill. I know they make those drill attachment kits, but a 3" DA polisher seems safer to me for some reason. Less friction?

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Meguiar's Ultimate Polish is already very gentle. Its more of a glaze (fills imperfections) than a polish. Get something else if you want to polish headlights, like Meguiar's PlastX. A DA polisher is safer for paint if you have no buffing experience and you also won't get swirl marks using one but they don't cut as fast as a rotary buffer. For headlights it won't really matter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. In regards to headlights, I already have some Novus #2, think that's better than PlastX? Works well with elbow grease, but i've never tried Novus on a rotary or DA on headlights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts