Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the most popular spots talked about in the "favorite place to drive in the bay" we're going to be setting up a cruise in the east bay hills.

We've got plenty of time to plan all the details, but in general we'll be meeting up in Berkeley at noon, cruising up Skyline and around the Grizzly Peak area. We will make an exact map of the route a week or two in advance. Ending up somewhere to get good food for those who want to stick around and eat.

For now, let's just start signing up to see how many people can make it! Copy/paste the most recent list and add yourself, i'll keep this one updated every now and then.

1. cali_axela
2. yang_jackson
3. Kingfisher3
4. Czar Quanovan - Tentative
5. MazdaThaiBoi

UPDATE: Official Google Route Map (now including destination of Barney's on Piedmont)

We will be meeting @ the Xtra Oil / Chevron gas station on The Alameda in Berkeley at noon (Address: 1201 The Alameda, Berkeley CA -- point A on the Google Map above).

We can talk cars there for a short while, and take a few minutes to fill up on gas/snacks etc, and to make sure there are no stragglers. We will be leaving the gas station at 12:15 on the dot (unless you call me and say you're < 5 minutes away and aren't lying).

We'll be taking some super narrow local roads (SLOWLY and carefully!) up past Michigan Park and to the start of Grizzly Peak.

From there we'll have some nice cruising, and will probably stop for a photo opp or two.

Eventually (probably around 2pm) we'll end up by Lake Merritt in Oakland after a short hop on 580 just for a couple exits. Lots of great food there and parking isn't too hard... we can decide on which specific place day-of for people who want to stick around and eat :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Re: Grizzly Peak Cruise (east bay): Saturday, April 4th!

count me in!

For now, let's just start signing up to see how many people can make it! Copy/paste the most recent list and add yourself, i'll keep this one updated every now and then.

1. cali_axela
2. yang_jackson

·
Registered
429 Posts

1. cali_axela
2. yang_jackson
3. Kingfisher3

·
Registered
327 Posts

1. cali_axela
2. yang_jackson
3. Kingfisher3
4.Czar Quanovan-Tentative

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ok, so it turns out that i'm not going to be able to do the 4th. Does the weekend of March 29th work just as well for everyone?

·
Registered
327 Posts

[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=139396.msg3006692#msg3006692 date=1237569517]
Ok, so it turns out that i'm not going to be able to do the 4th. Does the weekend of March 29th work just as well for everyone?
[/quote]

I don't think I have any other commitments so I should still be good to go...

·
Registered
429 Posts
im going to be up in chico with my family looking at the chico state for the weekend. damn...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
1. cali_axela
2. yang_jackson
3. Kingfisher3
4. Czar Quanovan - Tentative
5. MazdaThaiBoi

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
first post says meet at noon...since we're going on a cruise... i vote for meeting at a gas station... theres not too many of us... so we all can meet at a gas station...we dont need too much space for 5-9 cars...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just lemme know when all the details are finalized so I will know if I can go for sure...

·
Registered
219 Posts
gas station at noon is fine. i am still kinda new to the area so can you be more specific as to which gas station? an address would be nice. or even just crossroads.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
[quote author=yang_jackson link=topic=139396.msg3015707#msg3015707 date=1237957344]
looks good! i will be there for sure. thanks for puttin this together cali_alexa.
[/quote]

+1

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
oooohhhh...thats why it took me so long to find it.... the gas station at 1201 the alameda, berkeley is called xtra oil

1 - 20 of 39 Posts