Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an '07 Mazda3-sTouring 5spd a week ago. I didnt notice this at first, but i've been noticing that when I'm shifting, it feels a little stiffer on the stick than it did at first, and unless I COMPLETELY line up correctly when i'm shifting, theres a small grinding feeling. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
That doesn't sound right. There shouldn't be any grinding noises while changing your forward gears. If you're pushing your clutch in all the way when you shift, I would take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2004 2.3s, When I get into 5500 to 7000 RPM range and try to go from second to third I get a small grind, Then third gear lockes in. Im taking the car back to the dealer soon for that and a few other issues. But It sounds like the syncros are going bad. Or at least in my car. Ill let you know what happens.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only feel it if i'm not COMPLETELY lining up the gears...and its not a grinding noise, its a grinding feeling in the stick itself. should i be worried? i'm going to pick up the plates tomorrow, should i have them check it out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
i got the same problem going from 2nd to 3rd...let me know what the dealer says...mine started happening yesterday...its been cold and rainy in houston.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
you guys might wanna watch out, i have had MAJOR trans work done, like replacing some gears and the synchros and shifter forks and everytihng. Twice now too. and thats how it generallly starts... one more time im going to have to consider the lemon law, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts