Current list of mods and pictures...
- RSpeed Hood Lifts
- Removed rat poison/bait traps from engine bay.
- Vacuumed out about 5 pounds of walnut shells, crumbs, etc.
- Removed the Obama bumper sticker and anti-Bush magnet on the trunk. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get off a crumbling 5+ year old magnet off the trunk...
- Replaced front driver turn signal housing from one I had lying around the shop.
- Removed wiper arms and wiper fluid reservoir.
- Replaced foam gasket around third brake light.
- Repaired tears in rear vinyl window with Tear Aid (Type B)
- 02/16/2013, 124,114 miles: Oil change - Shell Rotella T6 5w40
- 02/18/2013, 124,114 miles: Shifter turret fluid, bushing, and boot change - Redline 75w90 used for the oil in the reservoir
- 02/23/2013, 124,114 miles: Differential fluid replacement (Redline 75w90)
- 03/2/2013, 124,114 miles: Transmission fluid (Ford Motorcraft Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid)
- 03/9/2013, 124,114 miles: New battery -- Sure Start Miata (part # SSB-MIATA from O'Reillys)
- 03/9/2013, 124,114 miles: Fuel filter
- 04/14/2013, 124,550 miles: New timing belt, TB tensioner, and TB idler pulley
- 04/14/2013, 124,550 miles: New valve cover gasket
- 04/14/2013, 124,550 miles: New PCV valve
- 04/14/2013, 124,550 miles: New spark plugs and spark plug wires (NGK)
- 04/14/2013, 124,550 miles: New front camshaft seals
- 04/14/2013, 124,550 miles: New front crankshaft seal, CS sprocket, CS pulley boss, and Woodruff key
- 04/14/2013, 124,550 miles: New A/C and alternator belts
- 06/29/2013, 125,253 miles: Replaced old soft OEM motor mounts with Mazda Comp motor mounts
- 06/29/2013, 125,253 miles: New O2 sensor
- 08/01/2013, 125,525 miles: Put wipers back on, increased tire pressure to 32psi
- 08/05/2013, 125,660 miles: Changed brake pads (Hawk HPS) and rotors (Centric)
- 08/11/2013, 125,760 miles: Adjusted rear brakes so parking brake would work again
- 08/17/2013, 125,838 miles: Oil change -- Rotella T6 5x40, Oil filter - K&N HP-1008
- 08/18/2013, 125,858 miles: Installed GarageStar brake master brace
- Steering wheel
- Replacement seats (OEM or aftermarket, haven't decided)
- Replacement carpet and/or trunk liners
- Win the lotto
So... been tossing around ideas for what I want to do, aesthetics-wise. Unfortunately, I fear it'll look like Steve's, but fuck it. I guess I just like his style. So... some of the aesthetics that came to mind...
I determined my end goal is to have a retro look.
Suspension: coils. Not "slammed", but dropped.
Wheels: banana spokes -- thinking Konig Rewind, 15x7 +0 (I think that'll fit). 8" wide would be neat, I guess, but I'd never probably use the extra rubber, it's more cost, etc.
Front lip: GV lip, but probably a fleaBay knock-off. I've seen some with this, and it completely transforms the front profile.
Rear wing: probably a duck-tail, if I go with one. Not a high priority for me, really.
Might put a retro-ish vinyl strip along the bottom edge of the door (Steve used to have this but took it off -- I thought it looked phenomenal).
I'd LIKE a side-exit exhaust, but I'm not sure how that'd go over. Probably looking at a dual-tipped rear exit, centered under the bumper.
Interior (and this is where the list gets long):
And I think what I'm most excited about: "unique"/custom seats. Thinking of getting some sort of basic racing seat, adding a bit more cushion, and then wrapping in tan leather.
- Wood grain, 3-spoke wheel.
- Going with a two-tone black and tan interior -- the back is there, and I've been wanting new carpet, so probably do that in tan. Lower half of the dash (glove box, tombstone, etc) to be tan, upper half (gauge hood, A-pillar, etc) in black. I'll have to really get in there and look at the lines of the dash to see how feasible this is (aka, where the dash pieces start/end, etc), but that's the plan.
- Tan door cards, but keeping the black "sill" (I don't know what you call that upper-1/4 of the door, just below the window).
- Thinking of the 2-hump simple roll bar, wrapped in a tan leather. Not sure how this would work (or IF it would work), but I haven't seen anyone else do it.
- New gauge cluster.
- Minor changes to the dash (like toggle switches instead of buttons).