Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what kind of car they were referring to for selling $6000 off sticker, but hopefully Mazda will include some discounts for the 3. Right now w/ all the incentives, it looks like they will have to do a little something.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/news/112_news35/

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Big SUVs alot of Fords, Lincolns, etc.... these guys are the ones giving away alot of $$$$ to sell cars. I pretty sure that the 3 will have a little rebate to help push it out the door faster.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
That's good though.

I'm hoping that there'll be a 0% financing option. That will make me dump all used cars I've been looking at :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am not so sure the rebates will be immediately available. The car will be a hot seller in the first part of the model year. Those big rebates start to be introduced mid-to-end year as dealers are anxious to clear out inventories. If dealers can stand to earn a decent premium while the new product is still hot out of the oven, they have no reason to give generous rebates if the cars are flying off the lots.

Nevertheless, I would buy right away if such rebates or incentives are offered. That 0% APR is not easy for everyone to qualify for, but either way, you end up saving about the same amount of money no matter which one you take. Such generous rebate savings are just about equal to 0% APR when it comes to the bottom line.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But the majority of the population is not going to buy a car at near-sticker price when other companies are issuing rebates/incentives/finance offers. People that aren't brand loyal are going to look at the Mazda3 compared to a Civic or Corolla and see that Honda and Toyota are offering some type of incentive.

I want a 3, but if they do not offer any type of rebate or special finacing, I'm probably going to wait.

·
Registered
187 Posts
schulkw said:
I want a 3, but if they do not offer any type of rebate or special finacing, I'm probably going to wait.
Same here ... also true what you say about the buying public. I neglected to mention the competitive aspect of the sales market right now with all the incentives. Mazda gives offers incentives on every model in America right now, and while I suppose only time will tell, chances are good it will happen sooner rather than later, if for no other reason than competition!

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's probably gonna be a hot seller like someone mentioned, I don't see any really good incentives besides the already incentive of owning a new model car on the market.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Phot3k said:
It's probably gonna be a hot seller like someone mentioned, I don't see any really good incentives besides the already incentive of owning a new model car on the market.
Being a new model is a disincentive, not an incentive.

·
Registered
187 Posts
He means that the aspect of owning a newly redesigned car is something buyers aspire to have, not because it's a financial incentive to them. The word "incentive" is not solely monetary in nature, you know ... :wink:

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
anamnesis said:
He means that the aspect of owning a newly redesigned car is something buyers aspire to have, not because it's a financial incentive to them. The word "incentive" is not solely monetary in nature, you know ... :wink:
I know. I'm referring to the fact that people DO NOT want a newly redesigned car, because it means it has not yet been proven. First year issues, etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I disagree :D , I think people are drawn to having the newest car on the block as opposed to a rehash of a model that might be 5-10 years in the making. But that's just my opinion. anamnesis hit the nail on the head. We're not all here looking for a car that does JUST what we need it to do based soley on our needs. The whole 'attutitude' of the 3 is what drew me to it.

My dad would think the opposite though, he would want a proven car.

The RX8's doing mighty well for an 'unproven' car. And almost everyone's always excited about upcoming models rather than refreshed version of older cars. Look at all the excitement behind the 6, RX8 and I'm sure something will happen with the 3. I think a refreshed 2004/2005 Mazda Protege with some new features (maybe same old engine) would not nearly sell as well as a completely spankin' new Mazda 3.

·
Registered
98 Posts
schulkw said:
But the majority of the population is not going to buy a car at near-sticker price when other companies are issuing rebates/incentives/finance offers. People that aren't brand loyal are going to look at the Mazda3 compared to a Civic or Corolla and see that Honda and Toyota are offering some type of incentive.

Yah, waiting game for me too. It's hopeful wishing for myself to think they're gonna give me a good deal on a new Mazda 3. Probably in the following year when the hype dies down they might give better incentives.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mazda was already giving incentives on the 2004 Mazda6 and Tribute. Granted, they weren't as good as the 2003, but they still discounted them. It was the Zero Time Event and the Test The Best Event.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts