Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a great driving road last weekend. Normally, when my wife and I head to the Bend area from PDX, we take I5 to Hwy 22 at Salem. This time we went further south on 5 and took Hwy 20. Boy am I glad we did. 20 is miles of curvy mountain goodness, and best of all there's almost no traffic, so you can have loads of fun without holdups.

So that made me wonder - what other great driving roads are there within a couple hours of the Portland area? Post your favorites.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
We have a spot on Hwy 112 with fresh asphalt and very twisty stuff. It's not real long, but it's fun and not alot of cops in that area!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=BRUCE! link=topic=140444.msg3030037#msg3030037 date=1238536651]
Hell how about... http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2148/stories/47045
[/quote]

The Highway 20 portion of this loop is part of the stretch I was talking about. It gets even better as you head west (the uphill part from Interstate 5). The rest of that loop looks cool too. I'll have to check it out next time I'm down that way.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Boy it's real twisty up towards the top, at least thats what I remember from 7 years ago on my motorcycle! :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very twisty indeed. Some steep drop-offs too. If you're going to push it, you need to be on your toes. I like that. :csweeney:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts