Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new car this year. I will be buying the car straight up, no financing. Just a cheque. I am having a hard time deciding which car to buy. I LOVE the new Mz3 (and everything it comes with) but it is a first year car; all first year cars have their fair share of blips. The Civic Sedan Si is very well put together, I like the rims. The Acura EL is another viable option, but I don't like the looks of the car this year as much. I wish that the Mz3 was in its 2nd year. I want to roll in 160 ponies on 17s. Black mica + black leather interior.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would have to vote for the 3.

I do now like the civic styling, it seems too bland, and power is not up to par....

As for the EL, what the heck did they do with it??? :shock: :shock:
Looks brutal, and power is also not high enough.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Ooo, here's a question on buying straight out... will they ask the IRS to take a look at where you got the money? That's what my dad said, that often dealers find it odd when people will give you 17k dollars straight out. Or is he full of shit?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Do I want to know why you're asking this?
Theoretically the IRS could, but it's unlikely they would.

No, they wouldn't ask them to.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well, because if they asked me where I got all my money, I wouldn't have an answer. I've accumulated most of my money over the course of my life through odd jobs, and I haven't paid taxes on any of it... so if they asked me where it came from I'd have no fiscal proof.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum I'm usually on the Mazda6 forums. My question is, why in the world would ANY dealership question someone as to where they got their money to purchase the car? I know that if a dealer asked me where I got my moneyto purchase the 3 I'd be goin to another dealership; no way in hell this nosey bastards gonna get my money!
But as to which car to get? The Mazda3 hands down, it beats the Civic and EL in the looks and performance departments. :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys...I have a computer job that pays me well. I've been taking the bus to work for a year now and have enough money (all saved up) to buy a fully loaded Mz3 GT + Leather + Auto + leather straight out with a cheque. They can audit me all they want, the money is legit. I sat on the f8cking bus going to and back from work day in and day out.

My issue is that :
1. Even though the Mz3 has everything that I like and is more of a better deal, it is unproven and a first year car.

2. The Honda Civic/Acura El is into its 4 yr of existence and it is a solid, from engine thoughout.

If it was up to me, I would buy the Mz3, but I am weary about it being a first year car. What if the problems start coming up 2-3 yrs after I purchase it? With the Civic/EL, it's proven.

Just look at the Mazda 6 and the rust problems that it is experiencing already. It's frame is poorly manufactured and is rusting on most cars as some of you already know about. I just hope that I don't sepnd my money on a product like that. THat would piss me off completely. I'd really appreciate some insight on this topic. I joined this site to get some good information on the Mz3. THanks.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
*shrug* my 6 has no problems. Supposedly one line of car got it. And I assume that Mazda will take care of it.

Not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I dunno THAT much about money and stuff. but I'm sure You can make/save money if you buy it over time. Get some type of stable account which has interest better than inflation? I don't know too much so I'm not gonna say anymore in that regard. But just incase you know for sure there are lots of expenses after you buy the car. Insurance..Winter wheels and tires. etc. Just making sure

·
Registered
155 Posts
Honda ? Acura? screw them. cars nowadays are pretty good first year. They go through lots of tests and stuff. worse comes to worse. take the bus another year and save up more money. :D

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
EL? It's an overpriced Civic. Si? I don't know.

What I do know is that the 3 should make you smile when you drive it, be cheaper and as reliable as those 2. It's Made in Japan don't forget.

Did I mention the price?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Go for the 3 all the way. Civics are WAY too commonplace now. Your three will be a fresh new design and thus unique. Your new 3 will draw much more attention and admiration than any civic will.

·
Registered
17 Posts
3 is the obvious choice.

It's new but all things under warranty.
Honda aint lemon car free.

for me, the extra torque and perhaps a bit of luxury like the leather seats, at that price point would be big plus plus.

I believe you will run into similar lil problems such as rattleing / lights not blinking / etc. in all three cars. Mechanical failures will be very unlikely.

Besides, the reality is
it's only an < 25000 car that you'd prolly keep for not very long. you'd be drooling for a larger sedan/coupe once you put more mileage on it / when you make more bucks a year.

So I say go with the heart, stop using the brain...

heheh :shock:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much fret into the whole rust issue. It happens to a lot of cars, and they live for a long time.

The issue with the 6 is so miniscule- surface rust under gaskets inside of the doors... wow. I suppose now the whole under side of the car will fall out next.

Keep pissing into the wind and maybe you'll get one some day ...
It's not like I'm evading the IRS or anything. Seeing as that I'm still a minor and have only been of working age for approximately 3 years, 95% of my bank account is composed of Birthday money, Christmas money, and money I've been given for fixing computers around the neighborhood since 1990. Hell if I knew I had to keep an accounting record for my grandma's christmas cards :p

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THanks for all the input guys, keep it coming. I'm looking to getting a 3, I'm going to have to test drive it first, but I'm sure it beats the Civic hands down. CAn't wait till December!

·
Registered
17 Posts
hands down no question.

and think about all the potential HP you can squeeze out of a 2.3L...

yum
:twisted:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
so the 3 is manufactured in japan for reals? cuz the 6 is built here aint it? and i would go with the 3 mang!!!....civics are WAYYYYYY TOOO common everywhere hahaa its horrifying.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts