Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well technically 2 firearms. I driving down the road when I pass a state trooper that is sitting on the side of the road facing traffic and he pulls out behind me. Shortly thereafter he gives me the blue light special and I pull over. He comes up to the window and asks how I am and I say I'm doing good but would like to inform him I have a HCP ( Handgun Carry Permit ) and I am armed. He asks where my weapons are and I tell him I have one on my right hip which I was open carrying and one in my front left pocket. He then asks if I'm a cop which was a little weird but I say no. He then asks me to exit the vehicle and takes possession of my firearms and lays them on the truck of my car and asks for my DL, proof of ins., and reg. which I give him. He mentions that my tint looks to dark and that he will look at that in a minute. I thinking shit that's like a 100 dollar ticket. He takes my info and firearms back to his car and comes back a short time later with my seatbelt ticket and I'm thinking he gave me a break on the tint. He says he wants me to sit in my car and he will lay the firearms on the seat beside me and when I pull of I can put them where ever I like. Now here's where it gets a little weird. Before he sets the guns down he asks to talk to me at the back of my car. When I get there he's like " I smell marijuana." and I tell him that I have no idea what he is talking about. So he goes through all the drugs and of course the whole time I'm like "No Sir." when he asks if I have any on me. Then he says he noticed I smoke and asks if I smoke cigars too to which I reply that I like a good cigar every now and then and I smoke Black and Milds from time to time. He even goes as far to ask me if I'm a terrorist or if I'm on the terrorist watch list lol. He was kinda laughing when he asked that though. I was anticipating him asking to search my car but then he says that I seem like a nice guy and he'll chalk the marijuana up to the cigs and cigars. Tells me I'm free to go, lays my firearms on the seat, and when he's back in his car I put them back where I had them. The Trooper was very nice and professional and even thanked me for telling him I was armed even though I didn't have to. I was very nervous because even though I knew the law and did nothing wrong in regards to my firearms I didn't know how he would react to someone legally carrying not just one but two firearms. Now sorry for the essay I actually left some things out to try and shorten the story.

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts
Re: Got Pulled over today will carrying a firearm.

I'll never understand the south. Everyone has to carry a gun? For what? Not saying it's wrong, I just don't get it.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

You ever watch the show Alaska State Police (or Patrol, can't remember). Most people are armed in their cars there (no permit required). The cops are quite grateful when the sidearms are placed on the seat and disclosed at first contact.

At least the cop acted somewhat professionally.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=173517.msg3674197#msg3674197 date=1274924134]
I'll never understand the south. Everyone has to carry a gun? For what? Not saying it's wrong, I just don't get it.
[/quote]

Not "everyone". As far as it being the South, 48 states have some sort of concealed carry law.

·
Super Moderator
8,777 Posts

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=173517.msg3674202#msg3674202 date=1274924276]
[/quote]

Not "everyone". As far as it being the South, 48 states have some sort of concealed carry law.
[/quote]

Neh, it's the south.

·
Registered
25,357 Posts

Try getting pulled over when you have an ak-47 in the car. That's a fun one to explain to the officer.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=173517.msg3674203#msg3674203 date=1274924363]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Neh, it's the south.
[/quote]

:lol:

Maybe. I, for one, won't even get my CHL as I don't want to carry all the time. My father's an instructor, too. Could get the license no problems. My guns stay happy at home.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
[quote author=GlockemHnK link=topic=173517.msg3674192#msg3674192 date=1274923725]
Well technically 2 firearms. I driving down the road when I pass a state trooper that is sitting on the side of the road facing traffic and he pulls out behind me. Shortly thereafter he gives me the blue light special and I pull over. He comes up to the window and asks how I am and I say I'm doing good but would like to inform him I have a HCP ( Handgun Carry Permit ) and I am armed. He asks where my weapons are and I tell him I have one on my right hip which I was open carrying and one in my front left pocket. He then asks if I'm a cop which was a little weird but I say no. He then asks me to exit the vehicle and takes possession of my firearms and lays them on the truck of my car and asks for my DL, proof of ins., and reg. which I give him. He mentions that my tint looks to dark and that he will look at that in a minute. I thinking shit that's like a 100 dollar ticket. He takes my info and firearms back to his car and comes back a short time later with my seatbelt ticket and I'm thinking he gave me a break on the tint. He says he wants me to sit in my car and he will lay the firearms on the seat beside me and when I pull of I can put them where ever I like. Now here's where it gets a little weird. Before he sets the guns down he asks to talk to me at the back of my car. When I get there he's like " I smell marijuana." and I tell him that I have no idea what he is talking about. So he goes through all the drugs and of course the whole time I'm like "No Sir." when he asks if I have any on me. Then he says he noticed I smoke and asks if I smoke cigars too to which I reply that I like a good cigar every now and then and I smoke Black and Milds from time to time. He even goes as far to ask me if I'm a terrorist or if I'm on the terrorist watch list lol. He was kinda laughing when he asked that though. I was anticipating him asking to search my car but then he says that I seem like a nice guy and he'll chalk the marijuana up to the cigs and cigars. Tells me I'm free to go, lays my firearms on the seat, and when he's back in his car I put them back where I had them. The Trooper was very nice and professional and even thanked me for telling him I was armed even though I didn't have to. I was very nervous because even though I knew the law and did nothing wrong in regards to my firearms I didn't know how he would react to someone legally carrying not just one but two firearms. Now sorry for the essay I actually left some things out to try and shorten the story.
[/quote]

Sounds like the cop was fishing for dirt. Glad the cop was cool and everything worked out ok. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cop didn't give me a ticket for the tint. I would have thanked him but don't want to remind him if he forgot lol. As far as people in the south carrying guns not every person here does just more then other places. I don't want to get into the whole it's your right but that's the great thing about America you can exercise your rights or chose not to. And here in TN I can carry a rifle or shotgun in my car but there can't be a round in the chamber.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
it might be safer to wear a seat belt than a gun.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=173517.msg3674235#msg3674235 date=1274926034]
[/quote]

Lol I see what you did there.

·
Moderator of donks
32,022 Posts
:lol: Nice one John.

My dad was big into the outdoors and hunting, he grew up on a farm. True story, he once shot a deer with a .44 Magnum handgun in the woods behind our house :lol:. He bought me a .22 when I was 13. It was fun to shoot when I was a kid, but now I don't own any guns and have no desire to. Funny thing is, my brother is big into guns and has all the ones that used to be my dad's, plus more; and he has a concealed carry permit.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
When wifey and I were going through adoption training, I told my dad that I was just going to give him my guns. The state requires adoptive homes to keep guns under two locks and ammo separately under one lock. What's the freakin' point? I'm sure I could tell an intruder to hold on a minute....

My dad just said "a gun under lock is better than no gun at all". Difference in generations, I guess. He carried two sidearms for 35 years for his job as a federal agent. Think it's like a cell phone, once you get used to "wearing" one all the time, you feel insecure without it.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=173517.msg3674203#msg3674203 date=1274924363]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Neh, it's the south.
[/quote]

You ever been pulled over in the south?
By god you better have a gun!!

squeal like a pig boy............... :shock:

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
I remember being in small town Washington once for wings when we vacationed right by the canada / usa border and everyone. and I mean EVERYONE carried a gun. Even were shotguns in the back window of some of the trucks. even in the restaurant. Damn that was scary for a 12 year old. haha.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote author=casey.weber link=topic=173517.msg3674445#msg3674445 date=1274934816]
I remember being in small town Washington once for wings when we vacationed right by the canada / usa border and everyone. and I mean EVERYONE carried a gun. Even were shotguns in the back window of some of the trucks. even in the restaurant. Damn that was scary for a 12 year old. haha.
[/quote]

I was raised around guns my dad always had them and about half my extended family were gun owners. I probably shot my first gun when I was 6 or 7. My dad would hold it and I would pull the trigger lol. He taught me from very early on about guns and especially gun safety. What's funny is that he never locked up his guns and most were loaded at all times. Never was there any mystic about them and my brother and I never got them out to play with unsupervised, it just wasn't a big deal to have guns in the house. Back in the day you could put up a shot gun in you back window and there wouldn't be a problem. Nowadays you park that same truck in front of a police station and someone would steal the shot gun lol.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=173517.msg3674235#msg3674235 date=1274926034]
[/quote]
agreed!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I can remember that the only gun rule/law we had while I was in high school was that the gun had to be visible on a gun rack in the vehicle. Of course we could legally possess a 1/2 oz. of weed too. Funny thing is that there was never any crimes or violence going on at school or any school functions.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts