Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

just got my new MS3 yesterday. so far - so good!

moved on from a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Sedan.

I loved that car. but felt that I had completed a journey with it.

I was impressed with all the good reviews of the MS3.

I can't believe how much car less than $23k MSRP gets you!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Just out of curiosity what caused you to go from the Legacy GT to the Speed3? Price, better fit for your needs, etc.

Andrew beard

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
[quote author=bossboy link=topic=67151.msg1153825#msg1153825 date=1169031808]
enjoy and

I WANT PICS!

:ttiwwp:
[/quote]

+1

Welcom to the forums.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote author=bearda link=topic=67151.msg1154014#msg1154014 date=1169048431]
Just out of curiosity what caused you to go from the Legacy GT to the Speed3? Price, better fit for your needs, etc.

[/quote]

well, I turned the LGT into a "project car." I went through a few phases but ended up with a built motor, much bigger turbo, FMIC, major suspension and brake mods, upgraded clutch, ltwt flywheel etc etc etc. Put down 380 whp on Cal 91 gas and well over 400 whp on 100 octane race fuel. It was a blast on the road and especially at the track. But it seemed to take on a mind of its own. I found myself paying more per month for mod support than the car payment itself! :shock:

So I felt the journey with the Legacy had reached an end. I tried to sell it "as-is" with all the mods for what I felt was a very reasonable price ($25k) but kept getting jerked around with low-ballers. So I parted out most of the major mods (had to keep the built motor, clutch etc) and sold it for a steal of a deal at $18k.

I picked the MS3 for a few good reasons. Its a helluva nice ride with very decent power for an intro price below $23k. I love the 6-spd MT but need to get used to the nature of FWD. Nothing really beats the inherent stability and traction of Subaru's simplistic AWD.

I will always be a Subie enthusiast and almost certainly own another Subaru in the future. Perhaps a 2009 STI!

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts