Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of kuhmo asx tires installed on my wife's 04 3 they are on stock 17 size 205/50/17. My wife immediately noticed the car has a quieter ride than with the stock rsa's and also that the car took bumps much better now. After driving the car I agree and think the car handles better as well, this used to be my car so I know how bad the rsa's were and wanted a good all season for my wife. I didn't even feel safe driving in rain with them, so I definately didn't want her to have to drive in the snow with them. My only complaint is I don't like the way the kuhmos look, The seem to be bulging from the rim and have to much crap written on the side wall for my taste. My opinion may change once I clean the car and shine the new tires up. Overall, I can't believe how good these tires are, especially since I got them for 389 shipped from tirerack. They put the rsa's to shame.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Re: got my kuhmos -PICS ADDED

Hey man I got the same kuhmos 205/50/17 on my 2007 speed3 on Ford fusion rims.
Nice tires , go good in snow, and handle great, $390 for the set (delivered) from tire rack too.
Plus they are real quiet !!! 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice, no pics yet, I was depressed because someone put a big ding in my wifes car right alond the line where the door creases so it is really noticable. Do you guys know anything about paintless dent repair and how much it costs. How do you like the ms3 with 17's it must have a smoother ride now and do you have any pics?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got mine as well. I opted for 215/45 and mounted on the stock 17 inch rims. I love the way these things stick. The RS-As gave out with loud squealing on on-ramps, but I can take the same on-ramp slightly faster and the ASX sticks. (Could be due to the slightly wider size) Now I can feel the suspension struggling to keep up with the higher g-forces.

The only thing I can't get right is that the shop I used to mount and balance these tires can't seem to get it right. I've been back once already to get them rebalanced and I still get vibrations. Also, the steering wheel tends to wander by it self. They did an alignment check and said things were within specs, so I'm at a loss. I may just go somewhere else and have it re-done... What a pain.

Anyone else have similar problems with the Kumho ECSTA ASX?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=67319.msg1159288#msg1159288 date=1169273174]
nice, no pics yet, I was depressed because someone put a big ding in my wifes car right alond the line where the door creases so it is really noticable. Do you guys know anything about paintless dent repair and how much it costs. How do you like the ms3 with 17's it must have a smoother ride now and do you have any pics?
[/quote]

PDR is around $80-$100 per dent.

Darryl

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
[quote author=dsmegst link=topic=67319.msg1160228#msg1160228 date=1169347479]
I got mine as well. I opted for 215/45 and mounted on the stock 17 inch rims. I love the way these things stick. The RS-As gave out with loud squealing on on-ramps, but I can take the same on-ramp slightly faster and the ASX sticks. (Could be due to the slightly wider size) Now I can feel the suspension struggling to keep up with the higher g-forces.

The only thing I can't get right is that the shop I used to mount and balance these tires can't seem to get it right. I've been back once already to get them rebalanced and I still get vibrations. Also, the steering wheel tends to wander by it self. They did an alignment check and said things were within specs, so I'm at a loss. I may just go somewhere else and have it re-done... What a pain.

Anyone else have similar problems with the Kumho ECSTA ASX?
[/quote]
My Kumho SPTs feel somewhat like that, but then again so did the stock Goodyears. My Kumho MXs also felt like that. I think it's just Mazda's allignment, the car feels a bit nervous to me, but everything is in spec.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Not that I know of. I think the SPT's are a summer tire. I just got the SPT's put on sat. I love them. Great dry and wet weather traction. They stick like a son of a gun. I got 225/50 r17s. I love the look of them on the car. Plus having a little more width should help with curb rash.

~Saint

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
SPTs are Summer UHP tires I don't like all seasons and don't really need them in Houston. Down here we just need tires that are good in the rain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts