Mazda3 Forums banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
a friend got this one for me.. I just saw it today.. hope you guys like it with the airplane in the back.. :)

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Whitewater Pearl; 06 special option only. I have only come across one other on the forum
This is probably the best image I have ever taken to show off the pearlescent qualities

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

:p

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Golden Sand Metallic.....Super "rare"....
Love the golden sand metalic. Awesome color, and you don't see many on the road.

Personally, I'm partial to my Phantom Purple.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Never seen that color before... day shots would help give a better idea of it.
I said the same thing. I'd never heard of it before I saw his car, even asked if it was a factory color or a repaint. Mazda adds some really distinctive paint options to their cars every so often (Montego Blue for Miatas and FD RX7, this sherbert green, golden sand metallic, phantom purple like my car, lava orange on Miatas, ect.) and they never seam to last since they don't appeal to the average buyer. Personally, I enjoy having the car stand out a bit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Never seen that color before... day shots would help give a better idea of it.
I've been meaning to but lately here in TX there hasn't been any cloudy days, the sun has been very harsh. As soon as I can I'll get another shoot in with better light. Might even just use my strobe setup.

Also, I hide it quite well, but the car has it's fair share of damage to panels. It's so old that repairing damage and matching paint is hard. The trunk lid is dented in so that's getting replaced(probably Carbon fiber), the driver side is absolutely abused. In the future, im going to repair the panels and have it resprayed with the same color.

I like it, it's not deep and sexy like phantom purple or anything, but I think it's a gem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Got a rare car color? POST PICS HERE!

i did this on bimmerforums with my old 318ti and the thread is still going strong haha but ill bite at this :)

phantom purple mica i get asked if it is a custom color all the time

I got the same color on my 07 mazda3 hatchback it's getting a 2.5l swap done to it right now

201 - 217 of 217 Posts