Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure'd since my car is coming together quickly and I have alot going on and I also have a professional photographer that takes pics of my car, that my car would be worthy of its own thread to keep track of my build up!! All opinions and feedback are welcome, positive and negative. I will edit this thread as things are added, as things change, and as pictures and new mods are upcoming!! All the pics below are within the first 30 days of owning the car, I have yet to take any pics with any modification done to the car.

Here are the pics of my Blue Roller Skate

The day I bought her, still at the dealership:

Current Mod List:

Performance/Under Hood Appearance:
-Injen CAI with AEM Dryflow Air Filter
-Greddy Type RS Blow Off Valve
-H&R Springs
-exhaust mod (muffler removed, resonator removed, replaced with straight piping)
-TMW Short Shifter
-TMW Aluminum Shifter Bushings
-S.U. Anodized Blue Billet Oil Cap, Power Steering cap, Washer fluid cap
-Street Unit Silicone Boost Tubes
-Turbo XS Test Pipe
-TRZ Polyurethane Rear Motor Mount
-Greddy RS 29mm recirculation fitting

Exterior/Appearance:
-35% Tint
-RHO JDM Tow Hook Front License Plate Bracket
-JDM Window Visors
-Satin Black Front Grill
-Full De-badge
-shaved side moldings
-Custom Flying M mazda emblems
-Smoked LED Turn Signals
-turbo badge for rear hatch

-Interior
-Steering Wheel-Mounted Autometer Boost Gauge with Red LED Wedge Base Bulb to match interior lights
-Hyperwhite LEDS (dome light/map lights)
-7" LCD Xovision In-dash Touch Screen CD/DVD/MP3 System
-Sony Xplode 12" 1000 watt Sub with ported box and Sony Xplode 800 watt amp
-Sirius InV2 Satellite Radio
-Metra Mazda 3 Double Din Kit

Upcoming Mods:
-18x8 +45 DXR V2's Gloss Black
-g2 grabber orange/gold calipers
-black mazdaspeed decals for calipers
-corksport downpipe
-darkstar turbo inlet
-lamin-x yellow fogs
-independent fog light mod
-Nexen N3000 235/40/18
-black front mazda emblem
-blue batmobile smoked rear reflectors

Mod Wants

Exterior
-Nextmod Black Re-amemiya Spoiler Lip
-DG Black Front Lip
-chrome mirror caps
-Fiberglass Paint-matched eye lids
-Shark Fin Antenna
-BBM smoked rear reflectors
-Apexcone D2S 55w 6k hids
-Apexcone Chrome Amber Turn Signal Bulbs

Interior
-apexi turbo timer mounted on steering column
-Airventpod with AEM UEGO Black Face Wideband Gauge
-DG Carbon Fiber Dash Trim
-Autoexe black carbonfiber shift knob

Performance/Underhood (all accents polished and blue)
-Hood Struts
-CDFP Fuel Pump Internals Upgrade v2
-Weapon R Engine Torque Dampner Polished
-re-worked k04 turbo
-Steedspeed Manifold
-Cobb AP Tune
-Cobb Rear Sway Bar
-Polished Forge By Pass Valve
-Racing Beat Cat-back Exhaust
-ETS 3.5" Top Mount Intercooler mirror Polished
-S.U. Mirror Polished Cold Pipe
-billet 3 strut covers mirror polished
-Step Colder plugs

Thanks for viewing my thread and enjoy. Opinions and feedback is very much welcomed!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My secret? I would tell you but then I would have to kill you.

LOL, just playin. One of my really good buddy's here at college is a professional photographer and he takes them for me. He is very talented with a camera :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just put in the trunk leds and rear license plate leds to finish my led conversion, its amazing how a few dollars and a couple leds can change the overall look and feel of your car!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright a little update....got a buyer for my greddy rs blow off valve and will be ordering a polished forged one soon as the money clears and running 2 shims and blue spring. I want a blow off valve with less adjustabilitly and proven to work with this specific car in recirculation.

Also, the Volks did not work out as planned (too much money), but I did find a new wheel yesterday on a constant search i've been having! (thank you tigermack). As soon as scholarship money clears at the school, I can order my wheels. These have my attention right now:

They are TSW Asan's, brand new release for 2009 and I've only found them for sale on one site. They are 18x8" +45 offset and I would be doing red calipers to match the red stripe on the wheel. I think this wheel will go perfect with this car because of the red accent stripe matching the red accents on the interior of the car. Should be a nice, stylish wheel. But I am still on a constant search trying to find the perfect wheel. This is just one of my many options.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
nice speed! the pics look amazing. the wheels are meh, but if you like them then that is alll that matters

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=Jdm_Mica link=topic=133851.msg2915010#msg2915010 date=1233865615]
nice speed! the pics look amazing. the wheels are meh, but if you like them then that is alll that matters
[/quote]

thanks man, yeah my buddy is a professional photographer, so he always takes my pics. He did pics of my old eclipse and it made it on a calendar. Those were all taken the week after I got the car, I've since done all the mods listed above. Next pics are after the wheels and I think they will look sweet.

They will be similar to these (the bridgestone avangrades that was on the re-amemiya speed 3) but will have a little more concave face and spokes are machined silver, inside is gunmetal, and it has the red stripe behind:

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think it looks nice but if you get them do your out-libe of grill on your bumper red ...front and back? since ull have the red lip behind the rim itself .. you know show little more red on your ride

and the wheels are nice i must say because it will be different from others.. with mine i want black rims with red lip but it played out i think but ill get them for 700$ with tires

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See i was thinking of doing the lower grill insert outlined in red if I was to get the wheels and of course red calipers, be unique. I am still searching for wheels tho, its never ending for me. There are a few wheels I am weighing and I am not deadset on these, so just keep peeled.

Hell yea thats a good deal man. Which wheels are they?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as the trend has been for me lately, the wheels I was going to order are on 3 month backorder. Ugh...but I did find another wheel today that are similar to the ones I wanted, so we will see how it pans out. Im excited to get the forge by pass valve on there now! :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright fellas...update time. Ordered the wheels. Decided against the rota's with money being the main concern and plus worried about rubbing with a 9 inch wheel in the rear. The best part is...I ordered the wheels this afternoon and they have already shipped, they arrive next wednesday. Tires are being ordered friday. The wheels I decided on are 18x8 +45 audi RS4 replica style wheels in solid gloss black. Always had an infatuation with these wheels, so I found a set that would work on my car. I am ordering 235/40/18 tires friday. Everything goes on next weekend. Also ordering a Corksport Downpipe and Darkstar Turbo Inlet tomorrow...pretty pumped about more power!!

So to sum everything up, in 2 weeks time, I will have the following installed along with new pics:

-18x8 +45 DXR V2's in Gloss Black
-235/40/18 Nexen N3000
-Grabber Orange/Gold calipers
-Black mazdaspeed decals for calipers
-custom black mazda center caps
-lamin-x yellow fog covers
-independent fog light mod
-black front mazda emblem
-corksport downpipe
-darkstar turbo inlet
-bluebatmobile smoked rear reflectors

Here is a photoshop of the wheels:

This is the look I am going for with the calipers:

Thoughts/opinion/feedback is welcome!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Nice choice on the rims especially when I was just looking at the Audi RS4 and the wheels were the first thing that caught my eye.

If you have pics of the replica wheels, that would be awesome. Cant wait to see them on the ride.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.