Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it. I'm crazy. Traded in my Black Mica 3, for a Silver Speed3.

Kinda scarey, I'm financing for 6 years instead of 5. And my payments are about $150 more a month than before. I can afford it.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Well hey, if you can afford it, great! I've been wanting to do this, but I'm on the flipside. I can't afford it, at least not right now. Maybe in the future.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a 2005 with 27,000 miles on it and a catback exhaust. The most I got was equal trade in. If I had it stock with less miles, I bet I could have haggled for them to give me 1000.

I was kinda typing fast. I meant I can afford it, within reason. I don't make that much at my job. I still live with my parents. I'll be honest, I make about $600ish every 2 weeks. My car + insurance is completely one paycheck. The other $600 will go to gas, internet bill, ect. It probably wasn't the smartest of moves. I'm a overnight retail slave, who is 25 and still lives at home. :p I need to work on a career, because no matter how much I try or cry at the 450 a month...I'm pretty much stuck with it for awhile.

My first goal is to try and refinance it after 8 months or so.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of payment. IF they had told me that, i'd still be driving an 05

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Just enjoy the whip!

Maybe a second P/T job would be in order, or what are you interested in? Maybe buy a book about it and read it on your free time, move up :)

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=69239.msg1202339#msg1202339 date=1171297354]
Just enjoy the whip!

Maybe a second P/T job would be in order, or what are you interested in? Maybe buy a book about it and read it on your free time, move up :)
[/quote]

That's exactly what I was going to say... a p/t job would help. All the money that you earn from it, you could put towards the speed3.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Yeah i have been makeing my business pay for the speed3... all the extras that follow are whats killen

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I went back to the dealer. Luckily they hadn't sent the finance papers in yet and they were nice enough to let us refinance, with my mother co-signed. I'm now paying $430 a month. While not overly make or break, it did help, which I'm happy!

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
[quote author=m3rz link=topic=69239.msg1203938#msg1203938 date=1171340619]
Well I went back to the dealer. Luckily they hadn't sent the finance papers in yet and they were nice enough to let us refinance, with my mother co-signed. I'm now paying $430 a month. While not overly make or break, it did help, which I'm happy!

[/quote]

Does that include your insurance payment as well? I just figured mine out, and I don't have a speed3 and I'm paying $476/month combined. If that is the case, I may just have to check out a speed3!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Good luck with that. I'm paying better than 600 for my car and ins. These are not cheap if you have a record of any kind.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, that does not include my insurance.

2005 Mazda3: 5 year finance - $300 a month, insurance was about $200. (I was under 25) So basically about $500 for both. I turned 25 and my insurance dropped to $147 a month, so I was paying about $450 a month.

2007 Mazdaspeed3: 6 year finance - $432 a month. Insurance is $151 a month. So I'm paying about $583 a month. So about $133 more a month.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My payments are
$335/mo for 3 years and $106/mo for insurance so $441 dollars a month.

If anything the insurance still pisses me off. I guess my rate could of been lower however I have a ticket from 2 years ago thats still counts. I live in IL so the underwriters at these insurance companies will either say "oh you have a ticket" or they will say "oh its a high performance automobile". I understand its different in every state however I'll get a lower rate next year so thats a plus.

[quote author=m3rz link=topic=69239.msg1202054#msg1202054 date=1171283852]
I had a 2005 with 27,000 miles on it and a catback exhaust. The most I got was equal trade in. If I had it stock with less miles, I bet I could have haggled for them to give me 1000.
[/quote] You mean you got 10,000 right.

edit : nm you were still financing the other car when you traded it in...I get it.

Also on a side note I do applaud you for working to earn your ride. There are many in your age range on these forums who never work for it someone just gets it for them. In my opinion what you do shows allot of character and it will build responsibility.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts