Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my stockers to fountain tire to get my winters mountes and they scratched the wheels up a bit.

Is there a place that i can trust for my summer wheels and tires?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Sorry about your wheels. That sucks.

Mulder would say, "Trust No One". You almost have to say before you get any work done, "Don't fuck it up" so they remember they're supposed to at least try to do a good job.

They probably didn't intend to scratch them, more likely is the guy who did the work just didn't care. You'll find that kind of service everywhere.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i figured, just some guy who could care less. But one of the wheels already had some rash thanks to my wife. I just dont want to get my brand new flawless wheels scratched up.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Just make a big deal about your new rims not being scratched and make sure you have a look at them before you pay for the service.

Try to find a place that sells expensive wheels and they might be more sensitive to damaging expensive wheels.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
take it to a shop that sells nice wheels.

any shop that sells nice wheels will have the skill to put them on with no scratches. fountain tire carries lame cheap wheels and could care less.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
[quote author=blam link=topic=70707.msg1239190#msg1239190 date=1172690921]
i generally dont read other people's posts.
[/quote]

You read this one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
nice wheels... check out those in Kaltire... I wanna get Enkei for my 6, then my current konig goes to my 3...

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Independent of the shop, it's mostly the actual person working on your car that matters. There could be real careful people at places that sell shit wheels, or dumbasses that work at higher price range places.

Go to a place that lets you watch them.. just have a conversation with them when they're working.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
[quote author=blam link=topic=70707.msg1240168#msg1240168 date=1172717622]
also, dont let an air rachet near your wheels
[/quote]

YES! Get them mounted and take them home and put them on the car yourself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats what i am planning on, putting them on the car myself. I just bought some mcgard spline drive lug nuts and a new torque wrench.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts