Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend wants to take her sister out to some bars to help her find a guy. What bars would you guys recommend I take them to? I don't have much experience in the Portland bar scene. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
619 Posts
[quote author=nxtlevelmazda6 link=topic=133923.msg2878035#msg2878035 date=1232490711]
My girlfriend wants to take her sister out to some bars to help her find a guy. What bars would you guys recommend I take them to? I don't have much experience in the Portland bar scene. Any help is appreciated
[/quote]
Find a guy to nail or date? It's easy to find a bar to get her laid, not so easy to find a bar to get her a guy to date.

·
Registered
619 Posts
[quote author=Eazy link=topic=133923.msg2878175#msg2878175 date=1232494230]
Lol @ finding a decent guy not looking for a piece of ass at a bar.... Send her my way ;) I'll save her a trip to the bar!
[/quote]
LOL. We could make a game out of it. Get a bunch of horny guys together and see what they would do to get a piece.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
I wouldn't look for a "gal" in a bar, but to each to his own! :shock:

·
Registered
663 Posts
[quote author=nxtlevelmazda6 link=topic=133923.msg2878035#msg2878035 date=1232490711]
[/quote]

Johnathan (On a side note sorry about never meeting when I was in Portland a few weeks ago.)

For an upscale Mellow type of bar I would say:

Henry's (12th and Burnside)
Andina (In the Pearl)
Typhoon (In Hotel Lucia on Broadway)

High End Dance Club:

Aura (10th and Burnside)
Envy (2nd and Morrison)

Fun Rowdy Bars:

Kehls (2nd and Pine)
Wringlers (14th and Burnside)
Dukes (Gresham)

Hope this helps. If you need VIP into any of the dance clubs PM me first and last names and the dates you are going so I can put you on the guestlist and you can avoid paying cover as well as the long ass lines.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
if she wants to meet the executive type, she needs to go to bars where they go...
if she wants to meet regular guys with medium incomes, she needs to go to upscale sportsbar and the like...
if she's really desperate, any local joint will do...:p

personally, i wouldn't take a girl to a bar to find a date either, lol. i'm surprised you have not been assigned the task of finding a suitable suitor. :lol:

·
Registered
859 Posts
McFadden's is a dance club that is pretty cool.

Blitz is a sports bar that is crazy busy.

Gypsy is fun for karaoke but probably not the place to meet people, especially since my friend is a regular.

Barcode is cool too. I always feel that place is a step above most bars as far as class is concerned.

DONT go to barracuda

·
Registered
937 Posts
What kind of guy does she want to meet?
Dante's = drunk rocker / wanna be in a band
Tube = too hip for you + they can knit!
Vault = Sugardaddy
The dance clubs that were mentioned = cheese dick city!!! + there is a fight every 3 seconds.
Sandy Hut = the nick name is the "Handy Slut"
Last but not least is the tried and true method of picking up a guy in a one of Portlands numerous and famous strip clubs! That is where ALL of the single guys in Portland hang. Plus you will not be bored while she is looking!

·
Registered
619 Posts
[quote author=Lincoln link=topic=133923.msg2879921#msg2879921 date=1232555421]
Last but not least is the tried and true method of picking up a guy in a one of Portlands numerous and famous strip clubs! That is where ALL of the single guys in Portland hang. Plus you will not be bored while she is looking!

[/quote]
Hell, she might be able to take home one of the strippers. Ladies get lots of attention from the tits on the stage....

·
Registered
663 Posts

[/quote]

Sad but true....

·
Registered
859 Posts

Vault = Sugardaddy

[/quote]

so true.  I haven't been downtown since new years.  I wonder if the scene has changed with the no smoking law.  There were some bars i refused to go in bc of smoke and a few other reasons like Matador and another one on 2nd that I can't remember the name off...right next to Thirsty Lion.

Oh then there is Dixie which is classic rock

Out of all the bars people have suggested I think Kell's might be the best bet.  Its pretty much just a bar with live (usually irish) music often.  Blitz is a good one too bc its always busy and there are games like air hockey and junk.  When you go to a dance club you are just begging for unwanted attention if you are girl.  Especially baracuda...I hate that place.

How old is the sister by the way??? This could make a big difference.

Its too bad the only techno places are gay bars as far as I know.  Although there are always some straight people there too. I went to Red Cap with my fiance and some friends and it was intense.  The music was great though

·
Registered
180 Posts
My girlfriend wants to take her sister out to some bars to help her find a guy. What bars would you guys recommend I take them to? I don\'t have much experience in the Portland bar scene. Any help is appreciated
[/quote] My recommendation? meeting people at bars or clubs = bad. I wouldn\'t venture in that direction in fear of hookin\' up with a mate that\'ll have an std . TRUTH!!

Do it the right way, pick up chicks at pizza hut or waiters at outback steakhouse!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
[quote author=MicaGT link=topic=133923.msg2880890#msg2880890 date=1232577232]
You + gf + sister...no bar needed.
[/quote]
classic blues line- "If she won't do it, her sister will ! "

Well Henry's was mentioned which is ok but the Rogue is cool (but I'm a mellow guy who's married) .
A uptight scence would be Portland City Grill but the foods good and the view is amazing .
Cool strip club is Mary's downtown. Took a buddy there for his bachelor party and there was this dancer that was so freaking hot !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.