Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone has seen gold metallic Mazda logos and Mazda 3 name emblems anywhere, that could replace the default silver ones? I've seen alot of black and dark blue cars on the road with gold emblems (Acura, Lexus, Honda), and find it goes really well with the dark colours.

Just curious.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Never seen it on a 3 yet. Hopefully won't. My .02, it's tacky #3. I can't stand when cars have the "gold" package. Only white Acuras can pull it off. I think any dark color should definately be silver. Only white luxury cars can pull it off.

My .02
Craig

·
Registered
773 Posts
Putting a gold emblem on a small car doesn't make it any more luxurious, just more ostentatious. In a word, it's ricey. It's like getting one of those Honda emblems with the red around the H. Sure, it's different than stock, but is the regular Honda emblem so poor looking? Does the car perform better with the new emblem? Even stuff like tint does serve a utilitarian purpose, as well as looking very nice on a car. If the gold emblem makes you feel the car is different than other Mz3s, well, um, go for it? It's your car, not mine, so I can't tell you what to do, but I will say that I get a small chuckle out of Corollas with gold badging (small things amuse small minds)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, people seem pretty strong minded on this. Fair enough, as I said, I was simply curious.

Personally I find a gold emblem looks better on dark cars (mostly black). Though it looks better than silver on white, I haven't found any accent colour I REALLY like on white (I'm not a big fan of whate cars anyway). Gold rims definitely look tacky.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Last I checked Toyota offered the gold emblems as a $180 option. And gold emblems on the front and back were all you got for the $180.

While I think it's a vanity touch, I'll admit that they looked nice on dark red and dark blue Toyotas. Not so much a ricey thing, these were vanity enhancements to Camry's. In the vein of extra chrome on a Caddy.

I've seen them on Corollas too and felt they were a bit silly on an economy car.

·
Registered
481 Posts
shoulda started a poll on this one! :D

we need more emoticons... a vomiting one would be perfect for this thread...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts