Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just got a white mazda3. amazing car. so comfortable to drive. :D anyways. ive done one mod so far from the week ive had it. not really mod i guess but heres the story. so when i got the car, i really really really like the red interior guage lights and the console lights. so i decided, hey why not just go with the white/red theme? and i like that idea haha. so yeah so far, ive got red lights inside where the feet goes in the passenger side and drivers side. looks SICK at night. i havent got a good camera yet so i cant post pictures yet. I WILL THO! :) . heres what else im planning to do with the car in general, the list is not in order by the way

-lowering springs like 2 inches in front and 1.5 in rear.
-front lip
-black out the tail lights
-blacking out the emblems..taking off the 2.3L on the side
-making the rear mazda badge into the batman thing :D
-15% tinted windows (brought the car into dealer today so i wont have my car until tomorrow T_T)
-new black rims or just paint mine.
-paint calipers red
-the circle plastic piece in the door speakers painting it red
-installing red neon light behind front bumper only...(you can say its gonna be riced out or whatever but i dont think so lol)
-painting the engine cover red/black maybe even white/red
-i might install some red lights for the back seats too like i did upfront if i find a way to clean up the wires for the back
-maybe eyelid? im still debating on that
-maybe get the yellow high beam lights
-yellow fogs for sure
-exhaust/CAI
-annnnnd...all i can think of as of now haha. any ideas?

thanks,
John
PS i swear ill post before and after pics :) if i forget, PM me and i will

· Registered
31,524 Posts
sounds like a plan :lol:

not so sure about black rims and red calipers on a pearl white car but that's a personal preference thing.

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh thats true..didnt think of that XD. maybe i should go with HID fogs then? cuz i dont wanna mess with my headlights since now that i think about it..it'll be a hassle and it would void the warranty on them

· Registered
323 Posts
[quote author=Jhong292 link=topic=143606.msg3093780#msg3093780 date=1241062675]
oh thats true..didnt think of that XD. maybe i should go with HID fogs then? cuz i dont wanna mess with my headlights since now that i think about it..it'll be a hassle and it would void the warranty on them
[/quote]

You should check out Lamin-X and maybe look into buying some smoked or blacked out fogs, then that would match your wheels...just some food for thought :p

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha yeah. im also thinking that white wheels would go well with a white car too lol.hmmm oh yeah and i forgot to add that im getting red lug nuts too...:D. so much money going into this car. but im going to do the things that dont require much money at all first lol. like painting..and lights. then lowering :)

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wooooo just ordered yyellow bright a$$ HELLA fog bulbs. the description said intended for offroad only hehe..meaning its suppppeerrr bright. i think. lol. anyways yeah...thats my next mod..going to get them may 5th. hmm what should my next mod be? maybe wheels...i have a friend with an 04 sedan. 17inch..but they are 5 spoke which sort of look like the rx8 wheels. i like that style so i might trade him mine for his. if not wheels...im getting a new front grill....i dont like the plastic bar thats there attached to the mesh..i like full mesh haha. oh and Anti-Chrome. yeah it is a pain to keep white clean....but hey i wash it once a week or more haha...so im fine with washing my car/rims often.

· Registered
354 Posts
[quote author=Jhong292 link=topic=143606.msg3095764#msg3095764 date=1241136566]
wooooo just ordered yyellow bright a$$ HELLA fog bulbs. the description said intended for offroad only hehe..meaning its suppppeerrr bright. i think. lol. anyways yeah...thats my next mod..going to get them may 5th. hmm what should my next mod be? maybe wheels...i have a friend with an 04 sedan. 17inch..but they are 5 spoke which sort of look like the rx8 wheels. i like that style so i might trade him mine for his. if not wheels...im getting a new front grill....i dont like the plastic bar thats there attached to the mesh..i like full mesh haha. oh and Anti-Chrome. yeah it is a pain to keep white clean....but hey i wash it once a week or more haha...so im fine with washing my car/rims often.
[/quote]

Doubt your lights will be anywhere close to being as bright as HID fogs...

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha yeah probably but who knows. ive never had HID's before so i wont really know how to compare but these are supposedly BRIGHT. i know the guys who work at Schuck's and a friend who goes to school with me who works there. and i ordered bulbs from there. they def. know what they are doing. superb service as well. but yeah..i cant wait till the meet at bellevue, washington on the 13th :D. ill have my fogs installed by then..and maybe even have my emblems cut into the batman thing and painted black with the 2.3L removed...

oh yeah. hey do you guys think i should paint the front emblem black too? i mean if thats the only black thing there it'll look wierd so im planning to paint the middle horizontal line of the grill thats part of the hood black..just one bar of it that meets up at the emblem..what do you guys think?

PS thanks for the help guys..any help AT ALL is greatly appreciated :D

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha saweeeeet :klavergreg:. cant wait for the meet. and its actually 2 weeks :lol: but yeah, by then..ill probably have the fogs in, badges removed/painted and the engine cover painted white/red

· Registered
314 Posts
hey all ur idea sound sick..... it sounds like u have a nice car in the making. figured id put my 2 cents in.

I like all ur ideas, the white red and black theme is sick. keep it going.

-Black out all the emblems (including the front unless you plan on getting a new grill that doesnt have the emblem on it)
-i like the idea of the white wheels, it would look sick, but if ur gonna black out a lot of other shit on ur car (i.e. emblems tail lights etc.) then i would go with black rims and the red calipers and red lug nuts sounds like a good idea. White car with black rims with some red in there looks BOSS.
-for lighting on the ground inside the car, i originally had floor lights for the front and back, the front ones are still there but there really wasent anything to attach the lights to for the rear so i took them out bc they kept falling. running the wires wasent even the issue, i had a problem finding a suitable place to mount the lights.
-WHITE CAR=TINT WINDOWS IMMEDIATELY
-get a CAI, it makes ur car sound boss when u go flying off
-Lose the yellow lights, get HID for ur low beams, once i saw the difference i know i will never buy another car without them. Plus the HIDs r that bright that i decided not to even bother with HID fogs, i just got some HID Match halogen bulbs.
-Suggestion for cheap mods like u asked,
-paint the emblems
-paint what ever u want inside the car
-i painted the pieces surround the window controls and they came out nice.

I have the whole red/black theme going on inside so heres some pictures for some ideas.

-

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
O.M.G. dude. THANKS. but as for yellow lights i cant lose them i already ordered them and they costed me $30 XD. haha. anyways. HID will come later. not right now. dont have money...YET!. keyword there..YET. and yeah i was thinking of those that strip of black plastic there by the display screen to paint..i was thinking a more darker red...like viper red or just racing red sort of thing. and my floor lights are like...neon haha. they just plug into the cigarette lighter right now but they are clean..i tucked the wires away alittle.
ill have to take a pic of it at night to show you..ill possibly do that tonight.
OH YEAH!~ im also getting me some xenon turn signals for the front..like the bluish white ones..i dont like the amber ones. i can also go back so its not big deal. and i did get my windows tinted..but they dont look dark AT ALL..you can see right thru them im kind of disappointed lol..
and yeah. as for the rims. ill probably do black. and the front emblem i was actually thinking of painting it white..the white emblem with the chrome outline would look sick to me i dunno lol. next weekend...im going to paint the emblems along with installing the yellow fogs. by the way..again. your interior looks sick lol. but i dont think i would get the red carpets..too hard to maintain i just have rubber ones lol. i like your shift knob too..but alittle tooo much red on it haha. i sound so picky. i am though :lol: yeah anyways, ill take some night shots today if i can. THANKS FEARLS101!!

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok so here are my pictures :D YAYAYYA. finally!!!! oh yeah i got the xenon turn signal bulbs installed too...:). spectacular. i took a pic of them..dunno if you can see em but they are blue bulbs so you should be able to. sorry for the bad quality...i need to get a dslr again XD
well without further wait..here they are :D

· Registered
314 Posts
hey your car looks real nice; it sounds like you have good ideas for improvement as well. IMO, HID is worth it, the difference is night and day. Not only do they look nice but you'll certainly notice the difference driving. Painting the dash strip is a nice cheap mod as long as its done right. For the neon lights, I basically have the same thing. Another idea for a cheap mod would be hard wiring the lights, simply cut off the cig part and spit the wires, tap into the 12 volt wires for the cig lighter. I did this and installed a switch near the shifter, ill see if one of the pics i have has a good angle on it. For turn signals, i have something similar to this, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2007-MAZDA-RX8-CHROME-AMBER-FRONT-TURN-SIGNAL-BULB_W0QQitemZ260392798664QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ca09ec9c8&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ht_3174wt_1356 I have them in the front and back, you can probably find them cheaper than that too; i just did a quick search. Painting the front emblem idea with the white and chrome ring would look tight if you can do it right, but im not sure ive ever seen anyone do that. It will be tough to keep a chrome ring if not impossible. But blacking out the emblems in the back is sick, thats the first thing im doing when i get home from school. Your tints look nice. I have 35% all around and you'll notice in different lighting conditions sometimes they look like they have no tint and some times limo tint.

Haitin' on the shifter now??? haha jk i like it bc its flashy and in an attempt to prove how boss it is ill have to look for a better pic.

-Matt

PICS: on the right of the shifter there's 2 switches, the large one turns the lights on and off.

and i figured while im at ill throw an exterior pic or two up for shits.

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha nice. thank you. i got xenon turn signals that are blue tinted but its white so its like bluish white. its awesome in night time and the reflection from the chrome in day time. and yeah im planning to hardwire the lights too but how would that work with hooking up to the cigarette lighter? or did you mean the ashtray? anyways yeah. i dont really wanna be TOO flashy..i just like to keep it clean. you know what i mean? haha. anyways yeah. i guess ill have to look again cuz when i tried to take the emblem in the front...i think i noticed there was a chrome plate behind it..im not sure..i could've been blanking out or something then lol. ill check again when the rain stops. and yeah..i think white emblems in the back would look sick too. no? also. that switch thing is sweet haha. altho i wouldnt do it there cuz thats where i keep my ipod and phone. when its plugged in. :D

ahhhhh i need the paint my calipers red too..i just havent bought the paint and stuff yet cuz they would cost a lot. lol. but ill get em sooner or later.

hey. you think red emblems would sick too? just for the back tho. sort of like..light red but red enough if you know what i mean. and then white in the front..hmmm. i put up a poll about this lol.

· Registered
314 Posts
for the lights, theres 12V power for the cig lighter. Removing the ashtray and lighter piece is very easy and there you will see the power cables. (theres other threads on that process). for the emblems, i think if you went with white you wouldnt be able to notice them quite as much. I think if you went black or red both would look nice but what ever you chose keep it the same throughout IMO. I wana say i recently read a thread where someone painted their emblems like matte red and it looked niceee. Calipers are a real nice edition, i bought the caliper paint kind at autozone for like $20 and it has everything you need. Im actually planning on re-painting mine when i get back from school bc from road wear they have been chipping. and i think you can go with red in the front too if u want.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.