Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
honestly, it all depends on the dealership and how cool they are with aftermarket parts. if you're just going there for an oil change, you'll PROBABLY be ok, but if you're going there for warranty work, WATCH YOUR BACK! :shock:

·
Registered
518 Posts
yup you are taking a chance, just look at the "omg dealer voided my warranty OMG!! WTF" threads on here..man ppl need to think...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just talk to the Service Manager and see what his stance on mods is. A good Service Manager will not mind as long as the mods are not the source of the problem and you're not an ass. Just ask him straight up and don't beat around the bush. Know what you're talking about and usually you will be fine. Don't go to a dealer where the Service Manager is always busy or too busy to speak to customers directly as that is never a good sign.

Also, don't go to a dealer with mods on the first time with a warranty issue. Go there to get your oil changed and such (Yeah I know, but I bring my own oil and I use the coupons they send me) and stick around and talk to them about your car. Get to know the Service Manager and techs, it's not that hard. I have a great relationship with my dealer and I just took my car in yesterday for warranty work and BS'd with them for an hour about the MS3 and new Camaro coming out.

·
Registered
518 Posts
[quote author=bravnik link=topic=140550.msg3029614#msg3029614 date=1238525154]
Just talk to the Service Manager and see what his stance on mods is. A good Service Manager will not mind as long as the mods are not the source of the problem and you're not an ass. Just ask him straight up and don't beat around the bush. Know what you're talking about and usually you will be fine. Don't go to a dealer where the Service Manager is always busy or too busy to speak to customers directly as that is never a good sign.

Also, don't go to a dealer with mods on the first time with a warranty issue. Go there to get your oil changed and such (Yeah I know, but I bring my own oil and I use the coupons they send me) and stick around and talk to them about your car. Get to know the Service Manager and techs, it's not that hard. I have a great relationship with my dealer and I just took my car in yesterday for warranty work and BS'd with them for an hour about the MS3 and new Camaro coming out.
[/quote]

yup the more friendlier you are and if they remember you the less they will screw you over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts