Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Mazda3 GT (2.3L - AT). The car has 2,000 miles and these are the problems I have. I am going to go to the dealer and have them looked at:

1 - When going in reverse, there is a loud clunking noise when the car stops. It only happens in reverse.

2 - On cold startup, I can hear what sounds like an exhaust leak coming from the front passenger side of the car. The noise goes away once it is warmed up.

3 - During acceleration, around 2,600-4,000 RPM, there is a really annoying rattle from the exhaust. It can be heard coming from the passenger-side (front) of the car.

4 - I have this annoying tapping sound at idle coming from the engine (pass-side). From my research it appears that it is either the runner valve or VTCS. I guess it is common on the 2.3L

5 - Wind noise coming from the door seal area where the drivers-side door meets the rear drivers-side door. It is located in the upper corner.

I am somewhat disappointed with having these issues on a new Japanese car. :(I hope I don't regret getting my Mazda3. I was going to get a Toyota Corolla.

Any input or advice on my warranty issues? Hopefully the dealer fixes this stuff and doesn't just brush me off.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Issue #1, the dealer claims it is "normal" caliper noise.

Issue# 2, the dealer will need to hear it for themselves, so the car must be left overnight.

Issue #3, couldn't duplicate the noise while test driving. He said it might be a heat shield.

Issue #4, the must replace the Variable Intake Manifold, they said it is bad. Looks like a 4+ hour job and it will be covered under warranty.

Issue #5, appears to be normal on these cars.

Hopefully the new intake manifold is UPDATED and REDESIGNED so that it does not fail like the original one did.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts