Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I will be purchasing a speed 3 sometime in the near future. Just wanted to get feedback on local dealers on Long Island as to where to go and where to stay away... any suggestions/comments are welcome.

This will be my first mazda, so please go easy on me when I get it, lol.

Any good meets or gatherings in the area being planned for the summer?

Thanks in advance for any information, and I will be seeing the boards with my new ms3 very soon

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I know this isnt LI, but Wayne mazda's starting at 1200 above MSRP on the speeds. Good luck if you can get a deal, and fill us in. There's the annual mega-meet at the GSP, where everyone comes out from hiding, but other than that, keep your eyes open for the BBQ meet, and some of the local meets.

Especially the 300 IMAX meet. I probably wont be there, but it would be a good time.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Wayne mazda is full of asshole salesmen and they feel they can treat their customers like shit because they are the largest mazda dealer in the country. One salesman yelled at me when I didn't accept his offer, I walked out and drove away. Crystal mazda in central jersey gave me my ms3 for 400 off msrp and were very friendly and I didn't have to deal with the bullshit and bullying of wayne mazda.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: going to be purchasing a MS3 in the near future, need dealer reviews/suggest

thanks for the advice. I have a couple ideas after reading a few more threads. Supposedly there is a dealer upstate that is giving below MSRP but I am unsure of their inventory at the moment. There is one nearby that supposedly is selling at MSRP, but that could just be whats listed on the net vs the real price.

Cant wait to get into the speed3, going to be a fun day for sure.

I look forward to hitting some meets once i get the new ride.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=70344.msg1230576#msg1230576 date=1172380905]
Wayne mazda is full of asshole salesmen and they feel they can treat their customers like shit because they are the largest mazda dealer in the country. One salesman yelled at me when I didn't accept his offer, I walked out and drove away. Crystal mazda in central jersey gave me my ms3 for 400 off msrp and were very friendly and I didn't have to deal with the bullshit and bullying of wayne mazda.
[/quote]

Hey dread, if you dont mind me asking, what was the price that the dealer started with?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
they were asking msrp, but I showed them a statement from edmunds that showed people were paying 400 less than msrp in my area and they matched that price no problem. You can check dealer inventories online at mazdausa.com

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Re: going to be purchasing a MS3 in the near future, need dealer reviews/suggest

Wow, hearing about wayne mazda sucked...the people where I got my mazda (North Penn Imports) were awesome. He was the only one that let me take my car for a test drive myself. They are a high volume dealer so they weren't horriblied worried about it. Like the other places I was at...I looked at a hyndai...just cause of the 10, 100000 mile warrenty...I told him I wanted an 07 Manual Elantra...and he put me in an 06 Auto Elantra for a test drive... i was like WTF dude...then the guy at a VW dealer, cause I was looking a Rabbit too...he put me in a manual Jetta, which is alot closer just cause they didnt ahve any manual rabbits on the lot...but they also werent willing to search which is what mazda did...

advice to you...go to a dealer that is higher volume, they seem to treat you better.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts

hey dread, is Crystal Mazda the one right off of 22 near Greenbrook?

·
Registered
466 Posts
go to yahoo autos and get a quote, they will send what you want to the internet/fleet managers of your local dealerships and they will probably be able to come in under msrp. i was working with 2 of my local dealers and both were coming in at $200 under msrp on the sports, i went in to look at one of the sports but it was in black and i wasn't gonna do black. they went $700 under msrp on a silver GT to make the sale right there/then. in '02 i bought my GTI the same way and got it for $500 over invoice, but that wasn't gonns happen on the speed3. good luck, i know your having a hard time sleeping - i sure did untill it was in my driveway.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

you are definitely right about that. been talking to cosmic up in RI since I know him from a previous board and he turned me onto the speed3 while back when he got his.

definitely been thinking how i can get into one sooner but with moving and some other things i need to wait at least another month or more but not too far off that though.

soon enough and then i can finally say im a speed 3 owner.....

thanks for the advice and such, i may try that route

·
Registered
3,324 Posts

hahaha ok, I work right up warrenville...just wanted to know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey if it's not too late, Wantagh Mazda is a great place to car shop. The guys are really laid back but they take their sales and their customers very seriously. If you want more info, I'll give you the salesmans name as well.

Good luck

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

[quote author=Zythum24 link=topic=70344.msg1262459#msg1262459 date=1173699344]
Hey if it's not too late, Wantagh Mazda is a great place to car shop. The guys are really laid back but they take their sales and their customers very seriously. If you want more info, I'll give you the salesmans name as well.

Good luck
[/quote]

yeah that could work. i wont be looking till sometime in late april/early may. hopefully there are some ms3 left by then. want to do it sooner but finances just arent there yet.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
58 Posts
The number there is 516-826-7788. I THINK my guys name is Steve, but it was back in August, and I can't even remember my students names that I see on a daily basis. I will rack my brain (or look at my paperwork) and confirm it for ya.

Neal

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
I think there is a post in the "I just got my mazda3' forum about the dealership and their selection, you may want to try that forum, just an idea.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Good point...I think I wrote my guys name there too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts