Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
[quote author=Say Chi Sin Lo link=topic=69874.msg1215994#msg1215994 date=1171857947]
I wish they kept the original origin of Ghost Rider... but wow, Eva Mendes...
[/quote]

yeah the clevage was great. The origin wasn't terrible, it was decent, seemed like they wanted it to get it out of the way fast.

(Minor spoilers)

CG was awesome, fights sucked. I mean they were all short as hell, and not really that cool. There was also no transition period of him learning the powers, just seemed like he picked right up on them. The actor that did blackheart sucked ass, and he should of been CGI anyway. I'd give it a 6.5/10, the worst marvel movie to date, which sucks since it had so much potential.

(end spoilers)

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
It was not worth $16, but I'd buy it if it was a used DVD. Someone slap the script writer cause it was BAD, case the comedic relief was really sub-par. There's only one cool part and anyone who watches the movie will probably remember it as the ONLY good part (where Slade finally shows up).

Who the hell is Blackheart, the guy he's supposed to find? The devil's son?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way Blackheart died was pretty crappy, Ghost Rider pulled a magnum look and he died from it, even though Blackheart was juiced up already...

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
[quote author=thebeansoldier link=topic=69874.msg1216253#msg1216253 date=1171869865]
It was not worth $16, but I'd buy it if it was a used DVD. Someone slap the script writer cause it was BAD, case the comedic relief was really sub-par. There's only one cool part and anyone who watches the movie will probably remember it as the ONLY good part (where Slade finally shows up).

Who the hell is Blackheart, the guy he's supposed to find? The devil's son?
[/quote]
16$? that's ballin...movie are like 10$ or 12$cdn here.....

movie was lame....had lots of potential.....they needed to make the movie darker...and without the comic relief.....the fights needed to be.......longer than 30 seconds.....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Terrible, terrible movie. Nicholas Cage playing some 30 year old? Or at least that's the impression I got. I didn't even know of this character (never read a comic in my life) so perhaps he's suppose to be older. But the entire movie was shit. Script was bad and the acting was horrible, and all that pointing childish and laughable. Some comics really should not be translated onto the big screen regardless of what CGI technology can do. I give this movie a gay/10.

On the plus side, the coming attractions were the bomb! Spider man 3 and 300 look awesome. In fact, in regards to 300, I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long long time!! :klavergreg:

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I've been dying to know, is Nicholas Cage really that ripped, or were those some more special effects when he was looking in the mirror? And to keep from sounding too gay, Eva Mendes' chest was the saving grace for the movie. Especially when she came out of that elevator, damn.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
I haven't seen it, nor will I probably do so. Everyone that I know who has seen it personally said its not worth watching.

Oh and Nicolas Cage being that ripped?... I doubt it. They probably used someone else's body and put his head on top.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
[quote author=colorblindtyler link=topic=69874.msg1229062#msg1229062 date=1172318075]
I've been dying to know, is Nicholas Cage really that ripped
[/quote]

[quote author=zoom_craigy_zoom link=topic=69874.msg1229121#msg1229121 date=1172324669]
Oh and Nicolas Cage being that ripped?... I doubt it. They probably used someone else's body and put his head on top.
[/quote]

Actually he seems to have lost muscle mass for this role. Watch his 95' flick Kiss of Death and he was really ripped in that. And he was far more bulked up for Con Air than this retarded movie.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It was ok. It was a good popcorn movie, don't take it too seriously and just enjoy it.

Eva Mendes better have gotten paid extra for all the cleavage.

Basically it was like a straight comic translation, explosions and fire, bad dialogue, tons of cleavage, poor story and awesome action angles. They just used a poor comic story to begin with.

Blackheart was possibly the lamest villian ever, he was just pathetic. I agree, the end battle could have been so much more.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ghost Rider....hmmm...not what i expected when i read the Yahoo! user reviews. Movie was too slow, fight scenes were in a snap. there were some funny lines though. in my opinion, rent it, maybe. Only worth seeing for Eva Mendes.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
i didn't like her in 2F2F, Hutch, or this Ghost Rider. Now if there's a movie where she gets slapped or punched by another girl... I'd probably like her then ;)

she just looks really bitchy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts