Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking into buying some rally armor flaps, but I really didn't expect them to cost what they do.. So until I have some spare money, I decided to improvise. I went to a local auto store and picked up 4 solid black mud flaps for $30 and got some red pin striping with it. I think they look alright, but would like to get other opinions before I put them on. Remember, they aren't permanent. Only meant to be on here for a few months.

· Registered
172 Posts
Rally armor does make a universal kit that comes out to about 30 after shipping. They have the rally armor badge on them. They are thinner than the more expensive ones, but they are still some sort of protection.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! Yeah they are urethane. The striping was really simple to do. Took me like 10 minutes for all 4!

I was thinking about ordering the universal RA flaps, but I wasn't sure exactly how the fitment would be, and I don't really prefer the 'oversized' flaps if you will. If anyone has tried the uni RA flaps let me know how they are, because I may pick them up as well.

Nuse, yours are perfect.. Are they the urethane RA flaps or the basic $44 MZ3 flaps?

· Registered
14,062 Posts
Urethane; don't get the cheap RA ones, they're plastic as well and they have the same problem... warpage.

Even if you look at mine nowadays (have had them for.. 3 years?) you can see that they are warped some, but they aren't nearly as bad as plastic ones get.

· Registered
314 Posts
it reminds me of the dodge dart lol... but they look good!

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay well I'll install them tonight or tomorrow and then continue with my plan to save up for the RA flaps!

Also, is there any way to install them without taking the tires off or do I have no choice?

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you use a drill? I feel like I could use a socket with a socket bolt but my wheels are already too big for my wells lol

· Registered
14,062 Posts
The Rallyarmor kit uses screws that go into clips in specific parts on the car; only place I used a drill was where it needed it which was on the rear bumper to drill out a rivet. Other than that.. since you're doing a DIY, you'll likely want to jack up the car and take the wheels off otherwise it's gonna be a huge pain otherwise to try to do that with no hardware.

(this is where buying a good product is sometimes better than DIY, especially when all the work is already done for you lol)

· Registered
17 Posts
Real Rally armor mudflaps

So I was looking into buying some rally armor flaps, but I really didn't expect them to cost what they do.. So until I have some spare money, I decided to improvise. I went to a local auto store and picked up 4 solid black mud flaps for $30 and got some red pin striping with it.
Rally Armor has basic mudflaps for $25
http://www.rallyarmor.com/product_info.php/basic-mud-flaps-universal-basic-plus-p-337

Also basic kit with hardware for $45
http://www.rallyarmor.com/product_i...p-248?osCsid=ea21ade15280e29b75f8f401ab81120f

And then the expensive kit for $120
http://www.rallyarmor.com/index.php...2_104?osCsid=ea21ade15280e29b75f8f401ab81120f

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.