Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was filling up my tank and a guy walks up to me and goes Holy crap is that the New 3 and i said yes. and he turns around and tells all 4 of his buddies to get out and look at my car, then they saw that it only took about 18.50 to fill up and one of them said it sure beats the 35 he pays to fill up his truck. I preceded to show them th eengine and the back seat storage and the xenons(i think i sold a couple of them haha i should be a car salesman).By this time a small crowd had formed to see what was going on.

These people act they have never seen a mazda 3 before :D

I think getting white was worth all the hassle since nobody noticed it when i had the titanium:(.

share your public experiences here.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
The white does look sweet in sedan form! I'd probably be one of those guys coming up to look at your car :wink:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Ive got many compliments and dislikes already. Only owned the damn car for less than 2 weeks lol.

One I will always remember was an old man (in a Cadillac of course) was amazed of the car. He was gonna buy his grand-daughter one after he seen mine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
what was the dislikes you got ?
vaBooM said:
Ive got many compliments and dislikes already. Only owned the damn car for less than 2 weeks lol.

One I will always remember was an old man (in a Cadillac of course) was amazed of the car. He was gonna buy his grand-daughter one after he seen mine.
:D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
A protege recogized also, sped up and slowed down in time with me. Got on his cell phone and I guess was talking about it! This was late at night too, cool recognition :eek:

This afternoon driving to the mall a Honda accord was next to me, stopping at the next light I was first and his lane kept going, he slowed down and kept looking over his shoulder ... almost slammed into the truck stopped in front of him :oops:

So far all guys, I'd like a few chicks to step up!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the same thing when I got a WRX in May 01. Enjoy it while you can, in about 6 months people will be used to seeing them. It sure was lots of fun tho. :lol: Thats one reason I wish I could get a mz3 right now.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
hotptato said:
what was the dislikes you got ? :D
Thats weird
Whoa, wtf is that?
Rice rear tails, from the factory (with a big grin..)
What, no dual exhausts?
WTF, my 25k Honda didnt come with Xenons
Wheels look too small
No 6 speed
Needs to be lowered
Tint windows
Looks too much like a S80 with a hatch
Small gas tank
Notch for hatch

The best: a guy says "sell me it now, i love it".. my response "how about $25k?" He says "why, its stock" then I slam back with "wtf man I put the wheels on, sideskirts and Xenons from Japan"

He was like "dayum, I cant afford that much but I would buy it if I had the cash, sweet car." His g/f was even thrilled... she almost wanted to take off with me lol

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
The place where I go the get my car washed (by hand) the guys were like Wow!....they left the other cars and started looking at my 3, asking questions etc....lol....the poor other customers had no attention to their cars! lol.

This is without the countless cars that have driven right beside me and people giving me the thums up!

Yeah...we might as well enjoy it now because in a few months it's going to be like a Golf....nobody will pay attention unless you have done something real special...which I plan! :p .

·
Registered
171 Posts
it's nice to know my next car will have good reactions like my g35 did. i had a lot of ppl ask me about my car or give compliments... now that the G's been out for a while, i don't hear it as much.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Bah

I'm not buying it for compliments. This thing's the next Civic so basically everyone will have one by the end of the year. No biggy.

Just be glad you're part of the new breed of communist car, Mazda3 the car for the people. 8)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Do people honestly think this car will be everywhere, usurping the Civic's throne, or will it basically take the Protege's place?

I just can't see all the hundreds of thousands of sales suddenly shifting from Honda to Mazda in the course of a year, simply on a pretty package. It seems to me, before that will happen, Mazda needs a reputation.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
What makes the 3 that much better than the Protege 5, that it will sell like crazy? Surely its styling won't warrant a massive influx of customers. Or perhaps where you are P5s are everywhere as well?

I just hear people saying that the Mz3 will be the next civic, but I don't see any reasons.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I don't think it will be the next civic just because of reliability issue. But if you are looking for a car that drives, civics drivers will replace their civic with the mazda 3... like me =D. More power, better styling, better interior, better tranny at the same price.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
But then you have to consider, how many civic drivers are in it for the driving experience?

Sure there are the ricers, but they're a minority. They'll probably stick to civics for a while at least, due to the uncanny amount of performance mods out there, designed just for civics.

And then there are the ones who get the SI maybe, or the higher end ones, and do drive for fun, but again ,they're a minority.

But the majority, to me, seem to be concerned with the points the Civic has over the Mz3, those being proven reliability and gas economy. I think styling, power, tranny, and interior, while major issues to people like us, are side issues to them.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Fobby_Monkey said:
I don't think it will be the next civic just because of reliability issue. But if you are looking for a car that drives, civics drivers will replace their civic with the mazda 3... like me =D. More power, better styling, better interior, better tranny at the same price.
Please prove me (a 2001 Protege owner) how the 2001+ Civic is more reliable than my car - do research on reliability (CR for example) and magasines' reviews (C+D, etc) and you'll see that the Pro is the choice for those not blinded by the H emblem - it's a reliable car and MUCh sportier than the Civic.

Research the 1990s too if you want - the PRO is always are good as a Civic.

And costs less
And drives better
And looks better

And did I say it's NOT a bland Honda??? :evil:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
the choice for those not blinded by the H emblem
I think that's part of the problem though, the fact that the H emblem stands for quality and reliability.

Like I was saying before, my friend hates all Japanese cars. He basically said "Cursed be the name Mazda" but when asked to comment about Hondas, he spoke something in the manner of "Hondas are good, quality cars. I have nothing against a Honda."

No matter what the numbers may say, that's the impression he had nonetheless.

·
Registered
19 Posts
dinu, it doesn't matter if a protege is as reliable as a civic. People are stupid. Thay don't do research like us. :D They just "know", by word of mouth that Hondas are better cars and they believe it. They don't care enough to actually find out the truth, they just go buy a $20k car with their head in the clouds, oblivious to the facts. :lol:

When I worked at a computer store, people would do the same thing. They'd come in wanting to buy computers that we had nothing but problems with because they "heard from people" that they were good. Many times they'd leave with one too even though I tried to convince them otherwise.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
There's nothing that p!$$3$ me off more than ignorance!

That being said, here's the standard greeting:)

Welcome to the board!

Please add your location (city+state/province for NA; city and country for everywhere else) to your profile.

If you have any questions regarding the site, see the FAQ at the top of the page. If you have a Mazda3 question, post a topic. I'll be my pleasure to move it if you post in the wrong forum!

MU HA HA HA HA :)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
dinu01 said:
Fobby_Monkey said:
Please prove me (a 2001 Protege owner) how the 2001+ Civic is more reliable than my car - do research on reliability (CR for example) and magasines' reviews (C+D, etc) and you'll see that the Pro is the choice for those not blinded by the H emblem - it's a reliable car and MUCh sportier than the Civic.

Research the 1990s too if you want - the PRO is always are good as a Civic.

And costs less
And drives better
And looks better

And did I say it's NOT a bland Honda??? :evil:
All I am saying is that Honda never really had any reliability issues other then electrical problems with their car. No mass recall, no major problems. Mazda did have problems with their 626 and miata, that's a fact. I am not saying anything that Mazda now is not a relialbe car, but the reputation of Honda and Toyota of being reliable is there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts