Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my speed 3 in the beginning of January. Being that I am a Marine and knowing that I would be leaving soon to train for a month and a half, I bought the Mazda car cover. I bought the Mazda cover because I figured it would be of high quality and would fit the best.It fits well but its a little too tight to get down all the way in the back. Thats the first problem. I washed and waxed the car the day before I left and took the cover out of the box that I had just gotten it in. This was to be the first time using the brand new cover. Well, I just got back yesterday and this morning I went out to take the cover off and put the battery back in my car and I discovered thousands of little scratches all over the back and sides of the car. The spoiler is especially damaged. Figuring that it was the cover I immediately called the dealership that I had gotten it from and they cant check it out until Monday. After examining the cover I found that the clear plastic window for the rear license plate had cracked in 3 places, most likely due to flexing. My girlfriend had told me the while I was gone the cover came off the back end numerous times because of the wind. Each time she would pull it back over the car. Does this burden fall on the shoulders of the parts supplier that sold me the defective cover or do I take this one up the ass because the wind blew the cover off? Just looking for some opinions and wanting to warn people about this problem. Thanks

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
good luck. they will probably tell you "sorry, but it wasnt installed by a certified mazda tech" :?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
interesting situation. I hope the dealer helps you out.
I am under the impression that the "mazdaspeed" car cover is not available yet. I think you got the regular 3 cover. This is probably why it didnt fit well over the back, since the regular 3 doesnt have the big spoiler.
does your cover say "mazdaspeed" on it?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
what part number did you get because i dont think the speed one was avail it might not even be avail yet i have not looked lately.

this is the part number for the speed BLMS-8M-L28

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Thats why I held off, my dealer said "oh yea it'll fit" and i said.. uhm what about the wider front and extended spoiler.. "oh yea it's a bit loose so it should stretch.." thats why I held off..

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I bought the cover they said the part numbers for the regular 3 and for the speed3 covers were the same. I talked to the GM of the dealership and he sounded very helpful or atleast like he wanted to help me out. Anyways, if they give me shit I know how to raise all hell so I think Ill be alright. And by the way good hypothesis about the GF but unfortunately she cant drive stick. Ill let yall know how it goes

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
[quote author=usmcbugle85 link=topic=71617.msg1260863#msg1260863 date=1173593535]
When I bought the cover they said the part numbers for the regular 3 and for the speed3 covers were the same. I talked to the GM of the dealership and he sounded very helpful or atleast like he wanted to help me out. Anyways, if they give me shit I know how to raise all hell so I think Ill be alright. And by the way good hypothesis about the GF but unfortunately she cant drive stick. Ill let yall know how it goes
[/quote]they lied. they are definitely different covers. you are noticing little scrathes from the cover rubbing on the car. they are superficial, but you will have to polish the car again to get them off. I would suggest you taking it back and telling them that they need to check their books before selling you a REGULAR 3 cover. I don't typically like cover because of the physics of it. they get wet, your car stays wet for a day... the wind blows and they rub on all your corners. The only place that a cover is good at protecting the car from is the sun... and the dust if the car is in a garage. A nice polish will do a much better job protecting your piant and plastic then the material in the cover anyways.

good luck with the parts department.. you'll need it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just talked to the parts manager and hes gonna give me a new car cover, not only remove scratches but completely detail the car, and throw in a free oil change. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
[quote author=usmcbugle85 link=topic=71617.msg1262465#msg1262465 date=1173700233]
I just talked to the parts manager and hes gonna give me a new car cover, not only remove scratches but completely detail the car, and throw in a free oil change. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.
[/quote]

glad to hear!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
461 for a car cover, you must be shit'n me. That is the most outragous pricing I have ever heard. Is it lined with silk.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=71617.msg1263848#msg1263848 date=1173747470]
461 for a car cover, you must be shit'n me. That is the most outragous pricing I have ever heard. Is it lined with silk.
[/quote]

lol its probaly because the market is so small so they volume is not there.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
[quote author=Boost Addict link=topic=71617.msg1263901#msg1263901 date=1173749097]
or because it says MAZDA on it :)
[/quote]

lol no most mazda ones are low 100's

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
[quote author=Boost Addict link=topic=71617.msg1264019#msg1264019 date=1173752063]
oh... well 100 is more reasonable...

---

Do they make a speed3 specific bra just yet? And if so, whats the list?
[/quote]

they do and it is $242 list and i stock it web is around $190-$200

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
[quote author=dread link=topic=71617.msg1264068#msg1264068 date=1173753205]
I was going to buy that car cover but I thought it would be close to 100
[/quote]
lol yeah its alot but like i said the volume is not there so mazda has to charge more to cover production costs i guess just what i think.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts