Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They increased my premium to about $120 (6 mo.s coverage) more for the upcoming year They said that during an accident, the '06 3 would receive severe damage according to the NTHB. I thought our cars were rated well in crashes..excuse my language, but wtf? This will affect all 06 3 owners regardless of how clean our record is and how safe of a driver you are.

Anyone recommend an insurance company? I will end up paying about 800 something (22 yrs old clean record).

·
Registered
423 Posts
It's the age. Seriously sit back sometime and watch traffic while you drive - be careful :). It's absurd. You get the little 16-20something year old assholes (mind my language too) who zip in and out of traffic like it's nothing. I cuss them every single time. I was in an accident with my protege (93 and still was kicking) and ever since then I took extra care in driving. My gut seriously wrenches when someone cuts in front of me even now still after 2 years the incedent happened. Young people don't care or just don't think. As you state you are 22 now - it will go down soon. I am 23 - bought my M3 when I was 21 and was paying about 2300 and I think now it's at about 1500. Still expensive, but thank our age group.

As for the Mazda3 in an accident - I don't think they would handle well. They don't seem to be very solid. I read that side impact was pretty good, but that's it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
A car can have good crash test ratings, which tell you how well the passengers are protected, but also receive a lot of damage that is costly to repair. A car whose front end completely crumples up and absorbs the impact would likely cost much more to repair than a car that doesn't crumple up but exposes the passengers to much higher impact forces. The car in essence sacrifices itself to protect the occupants. I'm thinking that this is why the 3 is rated more costly to repair after an accident.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I t-boned a Seqouia in my 3...damage didn't look that bad but it came out to 9k. Insurance went up alot, cause the fault was 50-50....but I have Esurance and pay $220 a month full coverage for my car and my girlfriends 99 neon. I am 22 and she is 23.

·
Registered
13,729 Posts
The rates on my 04 hatch are pretty good ($800/year - fully insured). I was rear ended in June 05 and my rates were not affected since I wasn't at fault.

Out of curiosity, I priced out a Mazdaspeed, and my rates would only go up $170 per policy period (6 months). I'm also 30 years old and have a spotless record.

·
Registered
423 Posts
[quote author=FemGearHead link=topic=65689.msg1129414#msg1129414 date=1167766370]
The rates on my 04 hatch are pretty good ($800/year - fully insured). I was rear ended in June 05 and my rates were not affected since I wasn't at fault.

Out of curiosity, I priced out a Mazdaspeed, and my rates would only go up $170 per policy period (6 months). I'm also 30 years old and have a spotless record.
[/quote]

Not bad seeing how much more powerful the Mazdaspeed3 is (turbo, etc). Maybe cuz it's considered a wagon and age might have something to do with it. I CAN'T WAIT TIL I TURN 25!!!

In all honesty, I don't mind paying my car payment, but the insurance lurks and comes at the most in opurtune time. It's a pain in the ass. Isurance companies suck - most especially when I got in my accident - they didn't help me out one bit in fighting the other insurance company. I just lost the car - and the fault was put on the other driver. Granted my old protege was still kicking, but it sucks to just loose a car in an accident I didn't cause.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I have Liberty Mutual and my family is on the same plan.

For some contrast, my sister has 2 accidents where she was at fault. She's 18 yrs old, and her insurance is $2,880 a year full coverage for a 2005 Honda Civic LX coupe.

MY 2006 Mazda3s GT sedan insurance on the other hand, after discounts for full coverage is only $381 a year and I'm 24 yrs old. I have had one ticket but it was going 90mph on my way to Las Vegas and the nevada patrol officer wrote me up for 80mph instead in a 70mph zone. (lucky !!)

So yeah... big difference depending on AGE, accidents, and tickets.

Don't be suprised if your insurance goes up because of a ticket! Drive safely!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wow I am surprised that your sister is still insured, but damn that's expensive. Almost a reason not to drive!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts