Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
background and product:hello fellow 3 drivers, i had origionally wanted to make this a surprise and be, myself, the first one to do this but i ran into troubles and complications and it lead me to have to spoil my surprise in hopes of still getting the look i want. i worked out a deal with a sponsor on this forum, and he told me that he can get RED AND BLUE ANGEL EYES for the mazda3 IF i could round up 20 people. so i am starting a list. price will be around $130US but i am NOT accountable if the price changes, that is the price even I was quoted from him. these lights will be identical to other raptor angel eyes but when turned on will be red or blue instead of the super-white.

issues: having red and/or blue lights on the front of the car is illegal in the US, so buyers will need to follow certain precautions. they will need to wire in a switch to manually turn the lights on/off. (if you want them constantly on, thats fine, but i am not liable for any enforcement encounters or punishments you receive). i have a switch from radio shack (part number 275-712) that cost me all of a couple dollars.

any questions, pm me and ill do my best to get back to you. i am a student and am running around a lot, so please be patient if you dont hear back within 20 minutes of your message!

once the list gets to 20 i will send the list to the forum sponsor so he can accept payment. no money is due immediately!!

Thanks guys for taking the time to look, and keep in mind this will not happen unless we get 20 people!! so sign up and spread the word (even though i wanted to do it and have it be a surprise :wtc: )

LIST:

1. *txmica3* - red
2. Captain p4 - red
3. Hindi - red
4. CubanTony - red
5. NJmaz3 - red
6. Maverick9110E - red
7. Mattleegee - blue
8. Kill Your Idol - blue
9. oneill8765 - blue
10. CopperHeadMazda - red
11. Fieldbet - red
12. KestrelProdigal - blue
13. apena85 - blue

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Re: GB: red angel eyes!!

would consider.....but i would need someway...either photoshop or something to get a possible visual of the car. Although my imagination can go crazy....just would like to get a better visual.

·
Registered
18 Posts

are there any pictures of how bright it might be? and will we have to find our own way to wire it with a switch or will instructions be provided?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

[quote author=axjp link=topic=66800.msg1146929#msg1146929 date=1168647857]
are there any pictures of how bright it might be? and will we have to find our own way to wire it with a switch or will instructions be provided?
[/quote]

no pictures because nobody has them yet. i would venture they would be the same brightness as the bmw pix posted by kspec (thanks btw). the switch is done on your own, no directions or parts included. the switch costed me like 2 bucks and youll need some wire (i believe 22guage multistrand will work fine, could go bigger if your paranoid of such a small size)

its fairly easy, the switch has a ground, load, and power slots. load is obviously the lights, ground is ground, and power is from the switch to your car. and its up to you what kind of switch and where to mount it.

hope that helps :D

·
Registered
6,614 Posts

Hey. If I am not mistaken I believe I will be supplying this group buy. They will be Raptor Angel Eyes and are red. I believe the casing is tinted red and that is how they get the effect. This means they will appear tinted red in your housings even when off. I am not 100% sure but i believe that is what my supplier told me. I will confirm early next week. If you can get 20 people together I will take care of everyone.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts

what about GB including regular color?
separate prices of course :lol:

Too much risk for trouble with haveing any red in the front

·
Registered
9,518 Posts

i dont think red in the headlight should be too much trouble if off, some ppl paint the insides of their headlights red.

but yeah on, hmm wonder if I would get pulled over... is blue illegal too? cause i know ppl got those blue windshield fluid thingys on their hoods but that seems legal. so red = blue in the case of the law? like if blue is legal, so is read?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

[quote author=kspec link=topic=66800.msg1147200#msg1147200 date=1168658048]
i dont think red in the headlight should be too much trouble if off, some ppl paint the insides of their headlights red.

but yeah on, hmm wonder if I would get pulled over... is blue illegal too? cause i know ppl got those blue windshield fluid thingys on their hoods but that seems legal. so red = blue in the case of the law? like if blue is legal, so is read?
[/quote]

as far as i know, both red and blue are because they are reserved for emergency vehicles (i.e. when a cop flashes behind you what colors do you see?) thats my take on it.

following up, when they are off i highly doubt it would be noticable unless you are standing next to the car looking in. even if they do see them, they are not on so they cant say anything.

wiring them to a switch is easy, it just depends where you want the switch. i personally would like mine next to the dimmer to the left of the wheel, just take off the bottom dash thing and take out one of those slots and drill a hole in it. either that or you could just drill it under the dash so nobody can see it.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts

if these are just raptors with red "tint" over them, go to the store, get some red saran wrap. lol jk.

[email protected], how hard would it be to change out the light source in a set of DDE's?

i was thinking about putting in a multicolored LED so i could change it if i wanted. or set it up on a controller thing to autochange or whatever.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts

[quote author=kspec link=topic=66800.msg1147274#msg1147274 date=1168659827]
^ oh crap, that idea is tight. have whatever color you want!
[/quote]

the only problem would be the size of the LED compared to the cylindrical DDE's...yanno?

[/threadjacking sorry]

·
Registered
175 Posts

hmmmm, this sounds like a pretty sweet idea. I wonder if anyone has done this before on a mazda3 (or if someone has photoshopped it) I'd like to see it if possible before I sign up (or if this multi-LED idea would work).

This works with the stock lighting setup, right?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

[quote author=Captain p4 link=topic=66800.msg1147315#msg1147315 date=1168661144]
hmmmm, this sounds like a pretty sweet idea. I wonder if anyone has done this before on a mazda3 (or if someone has photoshopped it) I'd like to see it if possible before I sign up (or if this multi-LED idea would work).

This works with the stock lighting setup, right?
[/quote]

yes, this will work with stock headlights. you remove them, heat them up and take off the front lense. it is simply adding. nothing is replaced or removed. as far as i know nobody else has done this to a mz3. there is a bmw pic up there ^

you could try photoshop however. if you do please post :D

·
Registered
10,538 Posts

this is from kspec's post. it's on a bmw, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Yeah, I saw that BMW, it looks badass. I'm terrible at photoshopping or I would post something for it.

Blue sounds interesting too, maybe someone who knows that they're doing with photoshop can post a few pictures up.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts

i could do it but don't feel like muckin around with it this late. maybe tomorrow nigt

·
Registered
6,614 Posts

[quote author=small town king link=topic=66800.msg1147271#msg1147271 date=1168659751]
if these are just raptors with red "tint" over them, go to the store, get some red saran wrap. lol jk.

[email protected], how hard would it be to change out the light source in a set of DDE's?

i was thinking about putting in a multicolored LED so i could change it if i wanted. or set it up on a controller thing to autochange or whatever.
[/quote]

on raptors you can't just switch the led's as its not lit with LEDs -theres walkthroughs online to make ur own though

·
Registered
9,518 Posts

maybe i blurred it to much? idk, i guess our angle eyes are kinda blurry sometimes?
I could make it less blury, but i guess this gives an idea.

Pic of M3-S tooken by Boostthat3. (nice skillz)

1 - 20 of 355 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.