Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now that this is an official group buy i figured i should make a new post.
$56 shipped in canada and US

allows you to pop the trunk by hitting the unlock button on your remote twice.
i have 7 kits left
4 have been shipped to:
1.Fadorn
2.Blackbetty
3.Skunk2
4.PotatoMan.

paypal can be sent to [email protected]
thankyou

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: GB- mazda3 sedan remote trunk popper kit-$56 shipped

just wanted to give abit of update. the 4 that i shipped out should be starting to arrive at there destinations this week. i still have 7 available for sale. thnx

·
Premium Member
947 Posts

I'm going to wait till I hear back from atleast the 4 of how they like it. Looks pretty good though =)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thats alright, i kind of figured that is what would happen because it is a new product that has not been installed yet by anyone but myself. im pretty confident that it will be somthing that goes over pretty well.
thnx for the continued interest.

·
Registered
122 Posts

got my kit yesterday....will install on sunday and give my first impressions.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I just got mine, I don't know when I will install it -

Question: the instructions say to wire it to what looks like the actuator for unlocking all doors? If I follow the instructions, won't I get this effect: one click of the unlock button unlocks the driver door, and 2 will unlock all with the trunk? This is just an assumption, so I can be wrong.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Waiting on mine,as in Aus it's gonna take longer.Will post impressions after install. Can't wait for it.Thanks Brady:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Question: the instructions say to wire it to what looks like the actuator for unlocking all doors? If I follow the instructions, won't I get this effect: one click of the unlock button unlocks the driver door, and 2 will unlock all with the trunk? This is just an assumption, so I can be wrong.
thats a good question. the way it gets wired up one push of the button will unlock ALL doors, press the button twice and the trunk will pop. its hard to explain without the pics that you already have, but try to follow the instructions as close as possible and if you have any further questions let me know. thnx

·
Registered
117 Posts

Unit received. I will let ya know how installation and operation works out.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
122 Posts

my kit is installed and it works pretty sweet. it may not be a really fancy mod but the fact that it wasn't an option for our cars makes it great. install went pretty smooth. the template for drilling holes was just right. the only part that took a while was getting the position of the actuator right. on my install the trunk would pop but it wouldn't close. took me a while to tweak it. the latch side of the linkage can use some more grinding so it can be inserted all the way. mine wasn't all the way in but it still did what it was suppose to do. a good addition to this kit would be a switch so you can turn it off when somebody else uses the car so they don't accidentally pop trunk. this mod will pop the trunk when you press the unlock button inside the car( we already knew this would happen). i will add the switch on mine when the weather gets better. one thing i did differently from the instructions is the routing of the wire. i didn't want to take out a whole lot of stuff. from the grommet to cross over to the passenger side i ran the wire just underneath the trim of the seat back instead of along the floor.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

Whats the time line on this intsall? level of difficulty? i am not that handy and would have to ensure i'm not over reaching my abilities or lack there of... Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

glad to hear your install went fairly smoothly and works well. your right about the routing of the wiring, it is totally up to the owner on the path to take it, i just illustrated the way i did it in the instructions. the switch to turn it off for other drivers is a good idea that i may incorporate later on.it is somthing i never thought of becuase it just my wife and i, and after a couple days we got used to the different button sequence, it would be a pretty simple mod to do though. i would say the timeline for install would be 2 to 3 hours, how long did it take you skunk2? on a scale of 1 to 10 i would probably rate it a 5 or 6 but i make my living working on vehicles everyday so it will vary abit. im looking forward to more comments from others that will be installing theres soon, and to this point for others that want to purchase i have 7 kits left going for $56 US shipped. payment can be sent by paypal to [email protected]. thankyou

·
Registered
122 Posts

level of difficulty for me was 3 out of 10......it just took a while to get the actuator lined up properly.
it took me about 3 hours in -18C weather =). if you've never taken apart your car before it maybe a little intimidating. tools you'll need will be a 10mm socket and wrench, phillips screw driver, wire crimpers and disconnects. some people may solder or you can just use the tap ins but sometimes they don't work very well.
running the wires on the side is no biggy. the sills and the panel on the B pillar are all held by clips. you have to unbolt the lock cylinder (2x 10mm) and the trunk latch mechanism (2x 10mm). just take your time installing it and you'll be okay.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

thanks for the positive feedback skunk2, this is the kind of feedback i like to hear from a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

hey, i was just wondering if potatoman, or fadorn had a chance to do the install this weekend. and for all wondering i still have 7 kits left for the taking. thankyou

·
Registered
1,097 Posts

i'm still really interested . . . but its like -25 below here :shock:

but if you still have them in the spring/summer i think i'll be picking one up!

quick question though . . . can program the trunk release to work on mazda6 keys with its own designated button for the trunk?

Thanks
jamie

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

can program the trunk release to work on mazda6 keys with its own designated button for the trunk?
unfortunatly the answer is no, this has not been done yet, although it will still work with the mazda 6 key, or flip key setup by hitting unlock twice.

·
Registered
12 Posts

how about scanning & posting the instructions so we know exactly what we are getting ourselves on for???

·
Registered
10,538 Posts

hatches!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

i have nothing for hatches and do not see the point of it because with a hatch you do not need a key to open the hatch. if somebody could explain to me how to post the instructions i might be able to but they are 5 pages long so im not sure how to do so. if you have a fax machine i think that would be easier.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.