Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 5 door 2005 Mazda 3. I just got it a few days ago, and I was wondering if there is a specific type of gas I should be using for my car. I know that sounds like a lame question, but I'm not really knowledgeable with gasoline types and what it would do for my car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Basically, run regular unleaded (not premium, the car won't use the extra octane) with no more than 10% ethanol. E85 is not compatible with our engines. As far as brands, there's nothing specific that's required, though it's always a good idea to use reputable name-brand gas.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Only use 87 octane. If you were running serious mods, it'd be another story, but for a stocker, 87 is the only way to go! This is a debated topic, but my recommendation is to use a Top Tier gas supplier: http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html

At every oil change, use a quality fuel system cleaner like Chevron w/Techron or Gumout Regane (must say Regane). If you do these things, you'll be set!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Agreed. The TopTier is the way to go. I would run Chevron but there are none in Michigan. Thus, I exclusively run Shell (the only TopTier in my area).

·
Registered
610 Posts
My MS3 and CX-7 both specify "Premium Unleaded Only", so far that's the only bummer about these cars. I can live with it!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
[quote author=azasadny link=topic=70204.msg1226520#msg1226520 date=1172226638]
My MS3 and CX-7 both specify "Premium Unleaded Only", so far that's the only bummer about these cars. I can live with it!
[/quote]

I'd pay for premium gas just to drive an MS3 :) :) :) .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts