Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does the gas pedal feel for the 2.3L model? Does it take a little bit of pressure to push it down? Or does it feel more like a feathweight and if you make the slightest movement you'd be going over 80mph? The car that I drive now has a good feel to it because there is a little resistance, so that I know how fast I would be going, and there's no feeling like having to hold your foot up to keep it from flooring it. When I drove the new Dodge Stratus back in the winter to a skiing trip, it felt like I had to hold my foot up to keep it from accidentally flooring it, and damn it sure made my leg tired, since it was hard enough to keep under 80 already. My knee actually started getting numb and i had to drive for 3 hours...not a good feeling... :(

I figured I'd ask for the 2.3L but i think i might as well ask for the 1.8L too, since I think the lower end model has the speedometer that only goes up to the mid 100mph max, while the 2.3L goes into the higher range 100's.

ok correction i think the higher end engine actually goes up over 200..as I just saw after doing some looking around
---ok another correction...that's over 200 kmh...it's about mid 100's for mph..lol

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm...i wonder what it was i saw then...cuz i remember one was higher than the other...maybe it was just i saw kmh for one, and mph for the other..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts