Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay everyone i noticed when i was washing my car today that the gap between the rear bumper and my tire is slightly bigger on the ride side of the car than the left. I noticed that if i try to fit a brush between it that ont he left it fits snugly opposed to the right where it fits but its really loose haha...im not sure if im making any sense but if you guys dont see it haha ill draw a diagram. I was just wondering if you guys noticed this too and why would it be bigger? btw its not the wheel gap that ppl normally would look at not the vertical gap...rather the gap where the mud guards would go...between the rubber and where the mud guards would go...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Perhaps something wasn't tightened down? I can't imagine it would be designed that way, but I haven't really inspected it down to that level :?:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Was the car on a perfectly level surface or was the left side slightly (or more than slightly) elevated relative to the right side? Did you compare clearances above and in front of the tires as well? Did you compare only rear tires or front tires as well?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I searched and this seems to be the same thing I noticed today.

My rear driver side wheel gap is about 1cm lower than the rear passenger side wheel gap. I measured both the wheel gap and the distance b/w the floor and rear bumer and found the rear driverside to be about 1 cm lower. My car is parked in the garage so I'm pretty sure it's level. The suspension is stock except for a RB rear sway. Is there any cause for concern?

·
Registered
55 Posts
i had to check and sure enough mine is the same. That is weird?!....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts