Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to a guy at the service department of Regina Mazda today. He said that putting an aftermarket intake will void the warranty of powertrain no matter what. If there is anything wrong with the powertrain, either caused by the intake or something else, it's not covered because the warranty is gone. He also said that even with K&N filter(or an aftermarket panel filter), if anything goes wrong with the powertrain, you'll have to prove that it is not caused by the aftermarket filter before it's covered by warranty.

I thought the Mazdaspeed CAI wouldn't void the powertrain warranty, but according to him, it does.

So I guess I won't be getting the simota SRI then...

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
That's a complete opposite of what my dealer said. I know for a fact that if you get the MS CAI and have it installed at the dealership, all warranties are still intact. With a K&N all you have to do is swap it if something happens....but then again its just a filter there is no way that it can void your warranty.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
thats how ignorant red neck's cover their asses.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=aznpryd link=topic=70155.msg1223246#msg1223246 date=1172120097]
That's a complete opposite of what my dealer said. I know for a fact that if you get the MS CAI and have it installed at the dealership, all warranties are still intact. With a K&N all you have to do is swap it if something happens....but then again its just a filter there is no way that it can void your warranty.
[/quote]

Which dealership do you goto?
He told me that they had a guy with a Mazda truck, who installed an aftermarket filter and damaged his engine because the filter sucked in dirt, which voided the warranty. So do they not have a standard of what should be covered? Now it sounds like different dealership covers whatever they want in warranty.

·
Registered
31,083 Posts
did the guy install it incorrectly (or turn it over after 6 months to double the life, lol) ?
i don't see any other way they could blame the filter...

they have a K&N display at my dealership.

you can go to the mazda website and see what mazdaspeed parts are covered by the warranty and at what level.

·
Registered
16,466 Posts
the guy has it all backwards...it can potentially void your warranty...but you are not responsible for proving your intake didnt cause the problem, they are responsible for proving it did

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
To me it seems like the Mazda warranty is based on how the dealership presents the claim to Mazda Canada, so depending on your dealer it could be different. So far all my warranty issues were solved by simply having the dealership take pictures of the problems and then Mazda Canada replying. But I agree that it should be the dealer that proves that it was the aftermarket part that caused the problem.

BTW all my service is done at Gerry Gordon's Mazda in Winnipeg.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=John_in_the_LBC link=topic=70155.msg1223291#msg1223291 date=1172121475]
MAZDASPEED ”Orange” Performance Accessories
MAZDASPEED “Orange” Performance Accessories are sold “as is”
without any warranty of any kind. All implied warranties, including
all warranties of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose,
are excluded. Purchaser acknowledges that no representations
have been made regarding these parts, including but not limited
to any representations as to their quality of performance, and
purchaser shall be responsible for and bear all costs of repair or
replacement due to any defect in or failure of these parts or any
damage to other components. Purchaser acknowledges that
vehicles equipped with MAZDASPEED “Orange” Performance
Accessories shall not be operated on public highways.
MAZDASPEED “Orange” Performance Accessories are intended
solely for use on vehicles participating in race/off-road
competition events. Purchaser acknowledges that all Mazda
vehicle/parts/accessory warranties are voided if the vehicle
is used in a competitive event. Purchaser also acknowledges that
there will be no warranty coverage for any part or accessory that
fails as a result of the installation of a MAZDASPEED “Orange”
performance part. Purchaser accepts all responsibility for all
vehicle modifications and all potential risks. MAZDASPEED
“Orange” Performance Accessories have been designed and are
intended for race/off-road applications only. Federal and many
provincial laws prohibit the removal, modification of, or rendering
inoperative any part or vehicle system affecting emissions or safety.
[/quote]

The Mazdaspeed sport clutch, Coil over suspension, flywheel and CAI are the orange items and are sold "as is" without any warranty of any kind. THIS IS BULLSHIT, they don't even stand behind their own stuff. What the hell does that mean you're not suppose to use the Orange performance accessories on public highway? Like Porsche is going to sell a 911 turbo and tell their customers not to drive their cars on the street?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I believe that the CAI is a green product cause it came with a one year warranty. This is standard of them not to have warranty cause it makes them not liable for anything, I think that NISMO parts is the same for Nissans.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It seems like the Acura dealership in town is better on warranty and service. Some Chinese dude blew an engine on an Acura test drive when doing a down shifting. I don't know exactly how he did that but Acura basically told him not to worry about it. That car was brand new, too. My friends still have their warranties after putting bunch of performance parts on their RSXs. I guess it all depends on the dealership....some places are better some places are worse.

By the way, you guys saw that article about easy break-in problem that Mazda 3 has? I showed that article to the manager (I think he is the manager). He basically just said "Oh, interesting..." I guess they don't care...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=aznpryd link=topic=70155.msg1223324#msg1223324 date=1172123459]
I believe that the CAI is a green product cause it came with a one year warranty. This is standard of them not to have warranty cause it makes them not liable for anything, I think that NISMO parts is the same for Nissans.
[/quote]

Just got it off mazda.ca

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Yeah when you buy a K&N filter they have a document that all companies accept their filters under warrenty

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
And also dealerships that i talk to MS CAI is dealt as its part of the car, not a aftermarket item

Unless dealers are crazy up North

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=aznpryd link=topic=70155.msg1223328#msg1223328 date=1172123763]
Its part of the Delarwi Group.....STAY AWAY.

[/quote]

Acura, Mazda or both?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
The CAI is Green....I have the instructions and the intake. ;) I believe that they made a mistake on the brochure....but on the instructions it clearly says that is is covered by the green warranty.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
[quote author=devil2k link=topic=70155.msg1223334#msg1223334 date=1172124034]
[quote author=aznpryd link=topic=70155.msg1223328#msg1223328 date=1172123763]
Its part of the Delarwi Group.....STAY AWAY.

[/quote]

Acura, Mazda or both?
[/quote]

Don't know about SK, but here it's Acura, Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Nissan. I wouldn't be suprised if more were on the way.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=Mattleegee link=topic=70155.msg1223333#msg1223333 date=1172124004]
And also dealerships that i talk to MS CAI is dealt as its part of the car, not a aftermarket item

Unless dealers are crazy up North
[/quote]

Ya, I think it's green down in the states but orange up here. BLAME MAZDA CANADA!! Why are they so scared to have warranty on their own products, the Japanese engineering doesn't work up here?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=aznpryd link=topic=70155.msg1223336#msg1223336 date=1172124124]
The CAI is Green....I have the instructions and the intake. ;) I believe that they made a mistake on the brochure....but on the instructions it clearly says that is is covered by the green warranty.
[/quote]

Can you scan it? Please?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
They are opening a KIA dealership I think....at the waverly auto mall.

I'll scan the instructions tomorrow....I need to sleep now.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts