Mazda3 Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
6_funk said:
Fobby_Monkey said:
Good! haha at lease I am not the only one.

I actually got the logic of breaking in from audio speakers. Once new, you have to turn it up as LOUD as it can.. so that it can performs to expectation..
so how long did you keep the volume on full blast?

does anyone use this break in technique for their stereos??
With a stereo? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I can't stress that enough. If those cones aren't used to moving, you risk cracking them.
As long as you're not making the cone go farther than rated (xmax), you're good to go. Just throw a low frequency sine wave at it, and let it break in for a while.

· Registered
1,617 Posts
OK guys, I live in Winnipeg Manitoba, and I'm really paranoyed by nature.
Anyways, I took my car to Selkirk Manitoba (about 26 miles or 50 some odd KM away from Winnipeg) over the weekend while I was still under my 1000km break in period. I had my speed varying between 80-100 Km during that trip. and I've also pushed the car a little bit on other occassions (pushing the car to just below red line and then shifting). do you guys think that this would cause any type of issues?

· Registered
7,285 Posts
[quote author=204-MZ3 link=topic=596.msg330403#msg330403 date=1119981567]
Anyways, I took my car to Selkirk Manitoba (about 26 miles or 50 some odd KM away from Winnipeg) over the weekend while I was still under my 1000km break in period. I had my speed varying between 80-100 Km during that trip. and I've also pushed the car a little bit on other occassions ([glow=red,2,300]pushing the car to just below red line and then shifting[/glow]). do you guys think that this would cause any type of issues?
[/quote]

When you ask about any issues, I assume you're referring to your occassional "visits" to just below the redline.  Don't worry about it.  That's where the peak horsepower is... this car was made for teasing that redline!  If anything, those WOT runs may help your piston rings seal better.

· Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=MetalCord link=topic=596.msg330412#msg330412 date=1119981935]
[quote author=204-MZ3 link=topic=596.msg330403#msg330403 date=1119981567]
Anyways, I took my car to Selkirk Manitoba (about 26 miles or 50 some odd KM away from Winnipeg) over the weekend while I was still under my 1000km break in period. I had my speed varying between 80-100 Km during that trip. and I've also pushed the car a little bit on other occassions ([glow=red,2,300]pushing the car to just below red line and then shifting[/glow]). do you guys think that this would cause any type of issues?
[/quote]

When you ask about any issues, I assume you're referring to your occassional "visits" to just below the redline.  Don't worry about it.  That's where the peak horsepower is... this car was made for teasing that redline!  If anything, those WOT runs may help your piston rings seal better.
[/quote]

Ok thanks. My break in period is almost (I use the term "Almost" loosely) over as I only have another 300km to break into.
Going to see what this car can really do as I've really on pushed it lightly only on a couple of occasions.
Can't wait for the mods.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.