Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual states that there doesn't really need to be a break-in period.

However, it cautions that within the first 1000km's, there shouldn't be any hard starts, high revving, or constant driving (for long periods of time).

· Banned
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the SportAT. I think you should try it out within the first 1000km's.....it's pretty fun :) Not the greatest compromise for std though :(

· Banned
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bombadil said:
Levitron said:
The manual states that there doesn't really need to be a break-in period.

However, it cautions that within the first 1000km's, there shouldn't be any hard starts, high revving, or constant driving (for long periods of time).
:huh:

The description shown above *IS* a break-in period! This is exactly what one does to properly break-in an engine ... you avoid hard starts, high rev'ing, and constant driving at a steady speed over the first 500-1000 miles. This is how break-ins have been defined for at least 20 years.
Yup, you're the first guy who noticed it.

I read the manual, and said, "What the heck...that's a 'normal' break-in period!" It's funny how the manual downplays "break-in".

· Banned
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
6_funk said:
hey levitron, i know you've only had your car for a short while, but have you noticed anything unusual, or annoying
ie: rattling noise, poor rear vision, big blind spot, slow windows etc
anything at all yet???
I'll report on all that in about a week or two, once my exams are done. :)

But of the three days that I've had it, it's been fine :D

· Banned
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Yeah driving like a grandma is NOT beneficial to the motor. You need to VARY the RPM's... this means taking it way up there sometimes. Just don't redline or hard-stop.
You mean "hard-start", right? :?:

· Banned
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Levitron said:
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Yeah driving like a grandma is NOT beneficial to the motor. You need to VARY the RPM's... this means taking it way up there sometimes. Just don't redline or hard-stop.
You mean "hard-start", right? :?:
No, I meant hard-stop. Don't slam the breaks when they're still being broken in.
I see....I gotcha :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.