Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is nothing new but I just saw it so I might as well post it
http://www.police.regina.sk.ca/graphics/pdf/vehicle_modifications.pdf

This is really handy to have, although some parts of this document are really vague. Like it'll just talk about the rules but then you still don't know if that mod can be done or not after you read them.

Let's see..
1) I have a fake CF mazdaspeed plate on the front, the mazdaspeed part is painted silver though. PASSED (I think)
2) I have homemade LED license plate light on my car, they're not too bright due to the angle, but still.......PASSED
3) HID low beams and fogs, 6000k is still considered white and it's only 35watt.......PASSED
4) HID fogs, sit lower also focused lower than headlight, 6000K is considered white.......PASSED

What I'd like...although I don't think I'll do these mods myself...

1) Underglow - Now it's using the four rules:
No vehicle driven on a highway shall be
equipped with:
(a) a lamp that emits a white light facing to the rear;
(b) a lamp that emits a red light facing to the front;
(c) a lamp that emits a blue or green light.
(d) equipment that detracts from required lighting.
For (a) and (b), this can be easily solved by using LEDs instead of NEONs since LEDs can focus right on the ground. For (c), just don't use blue or green. For (d), that's really up to the cop but since the police don't even want to conclude if it's illegal or not, one can always argue that you've read this document although they might not give a crap.

2) NO2 System!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - The nitrous oxide system must be sealed and vented to the exterior of the vehicle. The vent must be located at a point that is higher than the nitrous oxide container.
Someone should just do this to piss 'em off lol, they can't do anything as long as you ain't speeding.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
if you have a nos bottle in your vehicle, you need the compressed gas sticker on your vehicle. =P

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=blam link=topic=70165.msg1224798#msg1224798 date=1172177203]
if you have a nos bottle in your vehicle, you need the compressed gas sticker on your vehicle. =P
[/quote]

right LOL, but then who cares? they're selling CryO2 at the GB section, you'll probably need a sticker for it, too, since it's compressed CO2.

My only concern is if I can have my fog lights on within the city limit, didn't mention it on the website or in that document. I drove by a police head-to-head the other night with fogs on, he didn't seem to give a crap. I'd imagine with some cars the fogs are automatically on that you cannot turn 'em off, police can't do much about them either because they're stock. So if I get pulled over for them I'll just say if there are vehicles like this out there then why can't I have fog lights on since some other vehicles have theirs on at all time.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=RedSled link=topic=70165.msg1224844#msg1224844 date=1172177953]
And you have to stay on the Dangerous Goods Route.
[/quote]

I guess you only put the tanks in when you wanna use them then.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You should NOS it for autox next weekend

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Some stickies may not be a bad idea. I wonder if there's any track coverage you can add...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts