Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've been lurking on these boards for several weeks now learning what I can about the 3. I am a Soldier in the US Army, currently stationed in the vicinity of the DMZ in the Republic of Korea. However, in a short while I will have completed my tour here and will be returning to the States. When I get home I will be purchasing a new car, and as of right now the Mazda 3 is tops on my list.

My question is this: What are the 3's prospects for strong aftermarket parts support? I am looking to put together a tasteful, clean show car, but one that will also be a daily driver in the summer months (I am from Buffalo, NY originally and will also be stationed in NY once I leave here, and couldn't bear to drive a new car in the snow/salt slush of the North). I am primarily interested in high quality basic performance upgrades, like exhaust components, intake systems, cams and internal engine parts, as well as cosmetic upgrades, both for the interior and exterior. At some point, a forced induction kit (preferably a well put together supercharger package) would be great too.

Are there any companies that have stated thier intent to produce aftermarket parts for the 3 in the future? Also, in your opinion, how long will it be before we see strong aftermarket support for this car (if at all)?

It seems to me that the 3 makes a great platform for a tuner car and I would be greatly disapointed if manufacturers overlooked it. Thanks for your thoughts on this topic in advance!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
You definitely won't see as many options as a Civic owner would see, but there's definitely some coming down the pipeline. Draxas (formerly Durated Performance) and AEM are developing intake enhancements, Eibach has signaled that struts are in the works, lowering springs and Aero kits are already available or in the works. Racing Beat, Mazdaspeed and a handful other performance houses produce products for Mazda only.

These forums are pretty extensive and cover just about anything you could think of. Browse through them and you'll probably find what you're looking for sooner or later.

Welcome to the forums BTW :). I hope they're treating you well out there in the DMZ!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts