Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the first pics of my project that I have dubbed "The Fusionator" the base car is an '08 V6 SEL AWD.

Right now it only consists of the 3d Carbon kit and black Mustang 17" wheels with a polished lip (The inserts are being replaced with the SVT ones I requested as soon as they come in)

Shortly come the performance mods that have been sitting in my storage since last year:

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda resonator delete, Steeda CAI and tune (I've dubbed that v 1.1 :lol:)

Next upgrade this year will be a tint as cashflow allows.

Enough rambling, on to the crappy pics (Sunlight was playing havoc with the camera even with the sun shield attached :()

NefCanuck

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Fusionator v1.0

I know (re: The centre caps) already had one rocket scientist tell me they didn't know they ever made a four door Mustang :bash: (Trivia time, way back when there were mockups done of a 4 door 'Stang and a Wagon too)

NefCanuck

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[quote author=FusionLife link=topic=139575.msg3008898#msg3008898 date=1237672375]
Car is looking tight! That is a huge fucking carwash, the largest I have around here is with five stalls
[/quote]

That wasn't even where I washed it actually for those pictures (went to a place that did it for me up the road, I was just there to touch up where they missed, got lazy today :p)

NefCanuck

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

[quote author=kevjur link=topic=139575.msg3009107#msg3009107 date=1237683650]
Looks good (except for the Maple Leafs L.P. frame) :p
[/quote]

I've said it to other folks... I bleed blue & white but after the last few years I'm surprised I haven't bled out and died :shock: :lol:

NefCanuck

·
Registered
5,243 Posts

Looks sweet. Can't wait for V1.1 and more :lol:
That is the biggest car wash I've ever seen lol. Most self washes I've been to are 4-6 stalls.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Nice so far. But PLEASE lower it!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

[quote author=TheUkrainian link=topic=139575.msg3009339#msg3009339 date=1237695882]
Looks sweet. Can't wait for V1.1 and more :lol:
That is the biggest car wash I've ever seen lol. Most self washes I've been to are 4-6 stalls.
[/quote]

This one is meant to cover a part of the city that has a high number of condos that have no other way to wash their cars, total number of bays there is 12 IIRC.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

[quote author=JCalka link=topic=139575.msg3009381#msg3009381 date=1237698161]
Nice so far. But PLEASE lower it!
[/quote]

If it gets lowered it'll be next year (I've dumped a nice chunk of change into the car this year :wink:) but I have to be careful for two key reasons.

1) Because of my disability, going to far will result in me having difficulty getting out of the car (I should post the video someone made of me getting out of an '04 Mustang vert, someone cracked that I looked like I needed the Jaws Of Life to get out of the car)

2) My condo has a rather steep garage enterance ramp and I need to measure the angles to make sure that lowering it won't cause issues getting in and out of the garage (and getting down to the second level where I park)

Smallest drop I've seen so far is the 1.4" of the Steeda Handling pak but I'm not 100% sure that it is AWD compatible.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
23 Posts

that is a nice looking ride! I especially like that back end...call me a butt guy but that's go some nice curves and styling!

·
Registered
464 Posts

If your intent as the "Fusionator" was to bring laughs to the world, you certainly have a good start.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts

Great, and so begins another thread jack based on a few people not liking the rims... :dur:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

[quote author=aggoodin link=topic=139575.msg3009851#msg3009851 date=1237742781]
If your intent as the "Fusionator" was to bring laughs to the world, you certainly have a good start.
[/quote]

Hey, my intent was to make my car mine and not be "passed by myself" every day. I realize that some people don't like the rims I bought, that's cool. Can't please everyone and I don't even want to try, because I would obviously fail.

NefCanuck

·
Registered
5,243 Posts

NC, what does the sticker on the back stand for?
On a side note, I hope I can get my car into that condition (paintwise) by the end of summer. If I were to take a picture in the same conditions, it would look like a hockey team skated in circles all over it :lol:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

[quote author=TheUkrainian link=topic=139575.msg3010008#msg3010008 date=1237751372]
If I were to take a picture in the same conditions, it would look like a hockey team skated in circles all over it :lol:
[/quote]
Same here. It seems like I find new blemishes and scraps everyday :(

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

[quote author=TheUkrainian link=topic=139575.msg3010008#msg3010008 date=1237751372]
NC, what does the sticker on the back stand for?
On a side note, I hope I can get my car into that condition (paintwise) by the end of summer. If I were to take a picture in the same conditions, it would look like a hockey team skated in circles all over it :lol:
[/quote]

That sticker "CH" is the international drivers symbol for the country of Switzerland (Confederatio Helvenica) as a nod to my parents who immigrated to Canada in the mid 60's (and I am actually also a citizen of Switzerland as well as Canada)

Oh it doesn't look *that* good if get up close enough... it needs some serious TLC again :(

NefCanuck

·
Registered
5,243 Posts

Cool. I want to get a UA one for myself, but haven't had any luck finding one in stores. I might just end up printing my own on photo paper and double sided tape it to my rear windshield

1 - 20 of 62 Posts