1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read from the bottom up if you are interested :lol:

To: Jonathan <*******@yahoo.com>
Sent: Fri, April 8, 2011 1:13:40 AM
Subject: Re: Brand New iPod Touch 4th gen 32GB - $260 (Tucson)

i wont stop you from going there,its your choice...am good at what i do so dont need nobody to help from no fuck american, the address is authomatically redirected to nigeria as sson as it get to the post office FOOL,and plsssss kill whoever you meet there,and hide the body.get back to me with pictures.still a dumbass

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Jonathan <*******@yahoo.com> wrote:

Well you have an address there and you are going to get the ipod sent there so you must live there ;) dumbass. Even if you don't live there the person you are working with this scam does, so we are going to still fuck up that person, whether it's you or another person you are working with.

LMAO I already knew this was a scam from the beginning but I just wanted to see how good the scammers lately are with paypal. I still can't believe who would fall for this...

Thanks,
Jonathan

Fri, April 8, 2011 1:04:40 AM
Re: Brand New iPod Touch 4th gen 32GB - $260 (Tucson)
mrs angel leon leon <[email protected]>
you got your senses back some few minutes ago,now you finally lost it ,you still a dumbass am in nigeria.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Jonathan <*******@yahoo.com> wrote:

BTW I'm going to Vegas this weekend so I'm coming with my gang to fuck with you Joseph Watson. I have your address and now I can fuck with you. Dumbass.

Thanks,
Jonathan

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Jonathan <*******@yahoo.com> wrote:

Oh thank you so much! Now go fuck yourself you dumbass bitch. You think you can scam an Asian? Asians are too smart for this. Thank you very much and now suck my egg roll.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Sent: Fri, April 8, 2011 12:53:30 AM

I have just made out the payment online now.Go and check the mail you used in opening your paypal account the confirmation mail have been sent there check the inbox or the spam message you should see it there........ I will also like you to know that i am having some little problems with my fedex account as i checked it online now and i was asked to reactivate it so i cant do that now as i have to sort one or two thing out with them.So i am sorry as i wont be handling shipment through my fedex account again.So, pls get the postage cost to the following address via post office(USPS EXPRESS MAIL) and ship out the item via post office(USPS) asap cos i have told my son to be expecting it.I have also included $50 extra for the shipping.i think that should be enough for you to ship.
Name: joseph watson
Address: 6744 lavender lilly lane unit 3,
City: north las vegas
State: nevada
Postal Code: 89084
After you are through with shipping,get back to me with the amount you used to ship.I am really sorry for the inconveniences.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 4:50 PM, mrs angel leon leon <[email protected]> wrote:

Alright,thanks for the reply.I will make the payment online asap.They will send you a notification mail to confirm the payment to you ******@yahoo.com .Once you receive the confirmation mail from them it means the payment has been approved and dont forget to let me know when it is approved so we can discuss shipping.

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Jonathan Wu <*******@yahoo.com> wrote:

My paypal address is *******@yahoo.com. I will only accept funds from bank, credit/debit card or funds from the paypal account. Please no checks, I have no time to wait for it to clear. It's new and sealed. The picture is already in the ad.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Sent: Thu, April 7, 2011 12:27:34 PM

Thanks for your reply,i am located in Remsenburg city,NY.I really need to buy this and send to my son schooling outside the state.I have been trying to buy this on ebay but its so very stressful buying on ebay.I will offer you $300 so as to close the auction as soon as possible.I will be paying through PAYPAL because i have a verified account with paypal.So kindly get back with your paypal email address so i can make payment into your paypal account.Once payment clears,shipment will be handled by me through my personal fedex account,so you dont have to pay for shipment.Get back to me if my approval is granted.I would like to see some pictures please.
Kindest Regards

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Jonathan <*******@yahoo.com> wrote:

Yes I do

Thanks,
Jonathan

To: [email protected]
Sent: Wed, April 6, 2011 3:12:35 PM
Subject: Brand New iPod Touch 4th gen 32GB - $260 (Tucson)

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

--
Hello,
D+O Y+O+U
S+T+I+L+L H+A+V+E
I+T
F+O+R
S+A+L+E?

this message was remailed to you via: [email protected]

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=189006.msg3988099#msg3988099 date=1302255544]
I was hoping it would go further than that.

I like the one where the scammer got scammed. He actually tattooed himself in the hopes of getting a "church" to send him 150k or something like that.
[/quote]

The guy that tattooed himself was the scammer? LOL how did you fall for it? Anyways that just happened to me so yeah. He stop responding after that.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
That was you!? I thought it was just a thread you found online somewhere lol.

But yeah - in some other scam thing I read, the scammer was trying to get money from someone in the states, the person responded as a church offering to give him money for his ministry.

Coles:

Asks scammer to prove everything is legit.
A "hacker" breaks in and confronts scammer getting him to admit to scam and split the profits
Church asks scammer to prove existence
Scammer sends fake passport
Church asks scammer to tattoo a picture of some religious picture and to send them real photos
Scammer gets inked, and then gets pwnd.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[quote author=Canadian_LX link=topic=189006.msg3988144#msg3988144 date=1302266753]
That was you!? I thought it was just a thread you found online somewhere lol.

But yeah - in some other scam thing I read, the scammer was trying to get money from someone in the states, the person responded as a church offering to give him money for his ministry.

Coles:

Asks scammer to prove everything is legit.
A "hacker" breaks in and confronts scammer getting him to admit to scam and split the profits
Church asks scammer to prove existence
Scammer sends fake passport
Church asks scammer to tattoo a picture of some religious picture and to send them real photos
Scammer gets inked, and then gets pwnd.
[/quote]

LOL that's pretty damn funny. But yeah it was me.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
This guy tried to scam my wife on Craigslist. He was selling a 2004 Eclipse, only 48,500 miles or so for $4,000. I knew something wasn't right immediately. She emailed him and he said he barely gets to drive the car, and since he has been sent over sees with the military, he will be there a long time and will have no time for the car, so he is getting rid of it. She sent numerous emails and he responded quiclky. We were to send the money through a service offered by Ebay to hold the money. He would ship the car to our address so we could inspect it, and if we like it, we let Ebay know to release the funds to his account. After calling Ebay, we were told that they only offer the service for items listed on Ebay. The service holds money for a transction, and if the buyer dosn't reject the transaction in a week or so, Ebay automatically transfers the money. So, after I sent him an email asking why his car is not listed on Ebay, he never responded. And later I read that sellers that offer to ship merchandise to you before payment is a scam. I am still wondering how was he suppose to pull that off if Ebay wouldn't have held the money without it being on Ebay?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=189006.msg3988370#msg3988370 date=1302277460]
This guy tried to scam my wife on Craigslist. He was selling a 2004 Eclipse, only 48,500 miles or so for $4,000. I knew something wasn't right immediately. She emailed him and he said he barely gets to drive the car, and since he has been sent over sees with the military, he will be there a long time and will have no time for the car, so he is getting rid of it. She sent numerous emails and he responded quiclky. We were to send the money through a service offered by Ebay to hold the money. He would ship the car to our address so we could inspect it, and if we like it, we let Ebay know to release the funds to his account. After calling Ebay, we were told that they only offer the service for items listed on Ebay. The service holds money for a transction, and if the buyer dosn't reject the transaction in a week or so, Ebay automatically transfers the money. So, after I sent him an email asking why his car is not listed on Ebay, he never responded. And later I read that sellers that offer to ship merchandise to you before payment is a scam. I am still wondering how was he suppose to pull that off if Ebay wouldn't have held the money without it being on Ebay?
[/quote]

That's because he will be the "eBay" holding the payment. So when you send payment to "eBay" he takes the money and gets to keep the car at the same time. That is how that scam works. He will send you a fake email pretending to be eBay.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=ryukensfj link=topic=189006.msg3988384#msg3988384 date=1302278192]
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=189006.msg3988370#msg3988370 date=1302277460]
[/quote]

That's because he will be the "eBay" holding the payment. So when you send payment to "eBay" he takes the money and gets to keep the car at the same time. That is how that scam works. He will send you a fake email pretending to be eBay.
[/quote]

Oh, I thought the buyer would actually logg into their Ebay account, click on the service from the Ebay site, and transact that way.

·
Moderator of donks
32,022 Posts
[quote author=slowhat link=topic=189006.msg3988423#msg3988423 date=1302281376]
all the scambaiting stories you could ask for......very funny shit there http://www.419eater.com/
[/quote]

hells yeah, there's a super epic one I read a while back where the guy had teh scammers travelling all over the place chasing a package that didn't exist. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts