Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, Long time since I have been on here. I am looking to dive into a full exhaust system, yes that means heards back. I'm looking for something that is descent, wont kill the pocket book, and does not throw CEL. What options do I have?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Vibrant exhuast man! If you want to hear it stop by my place since I live in phoenix,az lol! :)

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Vibrant Header, However for no CEL, you will need another o2 bung welded on and an antifouler from autozone.
Vibrant Cat Back is nice, But to be honest, I prefer the Borla with our Mazda3Mods straight pipe, its alot quieter and deeper, very nice :).

I dont know of anyone that will offer the vibrant with the other bung and fouler, but I would be happy to help you out on that one. Let me know if you need anything else or any other help. :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I got the combo if you want to hear it. Vibrant header and exhuast. :)

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
[quote author=LuisDC link=topic=133710.msg2874131#msg2874131 date=1232347224]
I got the combo if you want to hear it. Vibrant header and exhuast. :)
[/quote]

Have any videos? I would love to hear it myself. I have heard the Vibrant cat back here and it was nice, but louder than the borla with straight pipe for sure, also not quite as deep.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
[quote author=speed30524 link=topic=133710.msg2876820#msg2876820 date=1232462666]
I would go with either a magnaflow or hks since they sound the nicest and they are cheap around 500 and and exhaust depot catted dp its about 400 and no cel (knock on wood) =)
[/quote]

He is taking about exhaust for his mazda3, not a speed3.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey basspumpindj, got a question for you. How much louder is your rig with the header vs without it? I've got an HKS and want to add the Vibrant header but I don't want it to be crazy loud - the HKS with stock exhaust manny is plenty loud enough.

Thanks!

·
Registered
656 Posts
to rickfogle ,

when i added he vibrant header to my hks exhaust the car is now LOUDD...i didnt get on it in my video because i didnt wanna piss off my mother who was watching tv inside hahaha..but it can get REALLY loud..you wont even hear your music inside the cabin...would you like to take another video but a really quick one just to show what its like at wide open throttle ?? cause i will for you, im nice like that...but you will be running with no cats with the hks and vibrant...so its your choice...

as alpha732 said, running catless is shitty, but to each their own..and the vibrant header is just so nicely made..the welds are very well made and the whole peice is just so nice and solid..and now they turned gold colored because of the heat. i personally love it with no cats...crazy amounts of power...you will feel it instantly. low end torque to my surprise, is not shot because of the little backpressure, you'll still have one resonator and 2 mufflers..so your fine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
To Bass: No need to do a WOT video, I think I've got it now. Might be a titch too loud for me, but maybe with a high-flow cat on it'd not be too bad, and I wouldn't kill all the gains. I want the Vibrant vs Thunder 'cause I live in Seattle and spend most of my time in the lower RPM's where a 4-2-1 works best.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.