Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my dashhawk in the mail today and decided to do some data logging. I installed a Corksport DP yesterday and the car is running quite strong, however I did notice what appears to be fuel cut.

From what I can make out, as my boost pressure reaches it's peak, the fuel pressure drops and then comes back up slowly. I'm assuming that this is a sign that I need a new fuel pump.

Performance mods include Injen CAI, Corksport DP, Forge BPV w/Blue Spring and Mazdaspeed CatBack.

Ok here are some new logs which are cleaner.

3rd Gear, Car did have some sort of cut:

4th Gear, Car did have some sort of cut:

3rd and 4th Gear, Car did have some sort of cut:

Any input is welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
mods ??? At one point it looks like it drops down to about 900 which isnt TOO bad.. Mine was dipping to low 600's before I got internals lol.

-And by the way, you are running a downpipe on the stock map correct ? I see your boost is spiking what looks like 20, and then trying to hold 18.5 ?
That explains your fuel/boost cut. If your stock map sees boost holding over I think its 18? for more than half a second you will get your cut.

If you want to stop boost cutting get the cp-e flash or get an accessport. (Either decision needs some CDFP attention)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I don't think a fuel pump would be a bad a idea, but it is not clear if you are getting boost cut or fuel cut. It looks like boost cut to me which means you are holding to much boost. People that need pumps normally have the fuel pressure drop later in the rpms. Yours drops with the boost spike you are getting and then your car is dumping the boost. How much knock retard are you getting? There is no scale. I think you need a tune or something to raise the boost cut limits more than a fuel pump. Even if you get a fuel pump you are still likely to get the boost cut.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts