Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had originally started rebuilding my motor part by part after the motor blew about a year ago. i have all new forged internals and port and polished the heads. Compression set at 9:1. When i had originally started the project i had the time and the money, but now with my daily driver being totalled im in desperate need to get this car up and running. At first the car wouldn't even start which was expected; so i upped the fuel injectors to 550cc. The car started up no problem....at idle, but as soon as the throttle opens the car starts running lean. So i threw an apex piggy back i had laying around from my 240sx and the results were the exact same. No matter what codes i put in the fuel is still lean. The fuel pressure, sensors, everything seems to be fine. The only thing i can think of is the fuel controller isnt compatible with the car and i may need to just go ahead and order a whole new standalone. Anybody have any clue what im missing before i go out and blow 1500.00 on something that isnt quite a necessity right now?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
turbo'd...? obv need's an ecu. get a standalone fuel comp... piggyback wont work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i actually already came to that conclusion and ordered the standalone for it. Now im just waiting for it to get here....

·
Registered
475 Posts
You could have just ordered the xfc or splitsecond piggyback for much cheaper.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, because i already did have that on there and it didnt work. Apexi said that the unit was compatible with the car, so no other piggy back would have made any difference. Besides, i was going to end up buying it eventually. I'll place a post up here if it still doesnt work, because after that i have no idea what to do

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
alright well first off what is making you say your running lean do you have a wideband? or are you getting o2 codes for low voltage. are you actually boosted or just built engine, i mean if your non turbo and just threw a set of 550cc injectors in there is now way your running lean im suprised the car even started and even being turbo'd and having nothing to tune with and bigger injectors no way your running lean. but yea afc doesnt work you need something that can modify o2 signal aswell to match the maf voltage changes. so xfc would be cheapest solution. what standalone did you go with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts