Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard some Ford gauge parts dissolve and cause the fuel gauge to read full all the time.

Is this true of the Mazda 3 components? If so, which gas stations have the additive that corrupts the components? I'm currently with Shell.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
bump, is it worth it to add fuel additives ourselves?

·
Registered
882 Posts
What kind of additives are we talking about here? As for what impact it has on the 3 I have no clue, I doubt any of us have gotten intimate with the fuel system yet to know.

And for Fords being impacted by additives, that's a new one to me. I've had numerous Fords over the years and never had that issue. The only thing I've had go is the fuel level sending unit which would make the gauge read empty all the time and that was on only one of my many Fords that it happened like that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It depends on the additive. BG Products makes some really good fuel additives that dont cause problems with the emissions systems. Lately, I have noticed a trend with fuel. Its not proven, so dont take it to much to heart, but the additives they add in the fuel already have been causing some issues with the 02 Sensors. I have had occasions where I have had an engine like code come up as being to rich or to lean, but EVERYTHING checks out ok. I told the owner to change fuel brands, and the light has never returned. Ive done this at least 30 times and has helped a good majority of them. Again, I dont know how solid that is, but its my personal theory. It seems as the prices go up, the quality goes down. Stupid emisions regulations lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just fuel up at the 7-11, which is a Citgo near me. I may start adding octane booster just for the heck of it, no reason to though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts