Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched online for A) the fuel filter and B) fuel filter location and have come to a dead end, so I come to you. My gf has a 2005 Mazda 3. On occasion it will not start, car will crank over and will continue to do so until she lets the batter die. I had this similar problem with my G20, and it ended up being the fuel filter. The last time this problem occured with her car I gave the car a little gas while cranking the engine over and it started right up. I have searched online and in one store for a fuel filter, but apparently they don't make them? If there is one, anyone know what the part number is (do I need to get it from the dealership) and where it woudl be located? There is no CEL, and no codes in the ECU.
Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Inside the gas tank. It isn't meant to be serviced at least not till the fuel pump dies. Reason for this placement is the return-less fuel system that is used. A conventional fuel filter can only be used in a standard fuel return system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, the only thing that pulled up when I searched for "fuel filter" was something about gas milage.
Anyways, I know that they replaced the pruge valve on her car under warranty, but do you think that an intermitent problem of possible fuel filter they'd do? He car has something like 24-26K miles on it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
[quote author=seattleducati link=topic=70244.msg1227491#msg1227491 date=1172258793]
Thanks for that, the only thing that pulled up when I searched for "fuel filter" was something about gas milage.
Anyways, I know that they replaced the pruge valve on her car under warranty, but do you think that an intermitent problem of possible fuel filter they'd do? He car has something like 24-26K miles on it.

[/quote]
not positive cuz i haven't experienced this problem yet, but i believe the fuel filter would be covered under warranty. it's not a normal wear item.

and in the last post in the thread MetalCord linked to...

"As a side note, Mazda replaced my fuel pump at 19,000 miles (under warranty) due to low fuel pressure from (you guessed it) a clogged fuel filter. Yay... go Mazda."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts